Repeated "SetupSysMenu: GetSystemMenu() failed for HWND [memory address]" upon running TBrowser

I’m getting a cascade of GetSystemMenu() failures after launching and using TBrowser (having previously initialized it with a macro). TBrowser itself seems to function normally when this is happening, but it’s strange that it’s appearing in the terminal. Additionally, it only shows up in one particular terminal, even if I have multiple terminals open and am running ROOT in the other one. This occurred when I had nano open in the terminal where the errors appeared, and wasn’t running ROOT there at all. Why is this happening?

I also get the same error once right before the startup “WELCOME to ROOT” message in the terminal.

root [1] TBrowser *tb=new TBrowser root [2] SetupSysMenu: GetSystemMenu() failed for HWND 0x2f05b4 SetupSysMenu: GetSystemMenu() failed for HWND 0x3005b4 SetupSysMenu: GetSystemMenu() failed for HWND 0x2905ca SetupSysMenu: GetSystemMenu() failed for HWND 0x30056a SetupSysMenu: GetSystemMenu() failed for HWND 0x3405b4 SetupSysMenu: GetSystemMenu() failed for HWND 0x39056a

Pressing the enter key brings the user back to the root [2] prompt.

ROOT Version: 5.34.32
Platform: Linux (Scientific, most likely), ssh’d into from Cygwin on Windows 10
Compiler: Unknown; please provide directions to determine if necessary

Hi,

This is most probably coming from Cygwin, SetupSysMenu: GetSystemMenu() is not specific to ROOT
You can try to find which window is causing the issue with a tool like GUIPropView (for example), since the error message is giving its HANDLE

Cheers, Bertrand.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.