Reload root macro on Windows

Dear all

I am not able to reload ROOT macro in ROOT sesson on Windows (latest ROOT with Visual Studio 2022)

First time, when I do “.L mymacro.C” - everything works. I can execute the macro, create plots etc. But if I do the same “.L mymacro.C” second time I see bunch of errors like this:

IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '?message@_Iostream_error_category2@std@@UEBA?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@H@Z' unresolved while linking function '??__E?id@?$num_put@DV?$ostreambuf_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@std@@2V0locale@2@A@@YAXXZcling_module_35_'!
You are probably missing the definition of public: virtual class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __cdecl std::_Iostream_error_category2::message(int)const __ptr64
Maybe you need to load the corresponding shared library?
IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '?do_grouping@?$numpunct@D@std@@MEBA?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@XZ' unresolved while linking function '??__E?id@?$num_put@DV?$ostreambuf_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@std@@2V0locale@2@A@@YAXXZcling_module_35_'!
You are probably missing the definition of protected: virtual class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __cdecl std::numpunct<char>::do_grouping(void)const __ptr64
Symbol found in 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcp60.dll'; did you mean to load it with '.L C:\Windows\System32\msvcp60.dll'?
IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '??_E?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@$4PPPPPPPM@A@EAAPEAXI@Z' unresolved while linking function '??__E?id@?$num_put@DV?$ostreambuf_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@std@@2V0locale@2@A@@YAXXZcling_module_35_'!
You are probably missing the definition of [thunk]:public: virtual void * __ptr64 __cdecl std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::`vector deleting destructor'`vtordisp{4294967292,0}' (unsigned int) __ptr64

Also, I am not able to compile macro with “.L mymacro.C++”
I only see stack trace like this:

==========================================
=============== STACKTRACE ===============
==========================================

================ Thread 0 ================
  libCore!TWinNTSystem::DispatchSignals()
  ucrtbase!seh_filter_exe()
  root!Init_thread_header()
  VCRUNTIME140!_C_specific_handler()
  ntdll!_chkstk()
  ntdll!RtlRaiseException()
  ntdll!KiUserExceptionDispatcher()
  libCore!TWinNTSystem::GetLibraries()
  libCore!TSystem::CompileMacro()
  libCling!TCling::ProcessLine()
  libCore!TApplication::ProcessLine()
  libRint!TRint::ProcessLineNr()
  libRint!TRint::HandleTermInput()
  libCore!TWinNTSystem::DispatchOneEvent()
  libCore!TSystem::InnerLoop()
  libCore!TSystem::Run()
  libCore!TApplication::Run()
  libRint!TRint::Run()
  root!??
  root!??
  KERNEL32!BaseThreadInitThunk()
  ntdll!RtlUserThreadStart()

======================

Could you please help me
Cheers, Sanya

ROOT Version: 6.26.02
Platform: Windows
Compiler: Visual Studio 2022

https://root-forum.cern.ch/search?q=reload%20macro%20order:latest

Hi @solodkov,

I guess that is happening on an interactive ROOT session. This issue is known (actually, several issues in GitHub were created to track this).

I have a patch already which should solve most of these problems in cling, but it will not be integrated in ROOT probably until the next major release.

Cheers,
J.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.