Refrence for RadioNuclides.txt

Hi,

I am trying to find the reference for the file RadioNuclides.txt used by ROOT for its TGeo… classes.
Looking at the SVN history in root.cern.ch/viewvc/trunk/etc/Ra … t?view=log did not help.

It looks like the masses provided in that file are rounded/slightly different compared to well established papers:
The AME2003 atomic mass evaluation (I). Evaluation of input data, adjustment procedures. A.H. Wapstra, G. Audi, and C. Thibault. Nuclear Physics A729, 129 (2003).
The AME2003 atomic mass evaluation (II). Tables, graphs, and references. G. Audi, A.H. Wapstra, and C. Thibault. Nuclear Physics A729, 337 (2003).

and the associate website: nndc.bnl.gov/masses/

Thanks a lot for your help,

Manoel

Hi,
The table is based on NUBASE2003 which was apparently the most complete we found at the time.

Note that any external effort for keeping this table up to date or more complete is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I compared the RadioNuclides.txt masses with the NUBASE2003 table amdc.in2p3.fr/web/nubase_en.html and found that the RadioNuclides.txt is very close yet slightly different:
For example:
RadioNuclides – Nubase2003
1H: 7.289 – 7.2889705
11N: 24.961 – 24.300
20Mg: 17.571 – 17.570

Was there any update to the RadioNuclides.txt masses since the NUBAE2003 import, if so what are the references to the changes.

Thanks a lot,
Manoel

Hi,
No update to my knowledge but it is possible the we imported from a stripped down version at the time and we just added the missing parts from nubase. A revision of the existing table would be probably useful for consistency.

Regards,
Andrei