Recv failed

Hi,

I’m running a TSelector analysis using some files in a TDSet and I’m getting the following message in the log file:

Jan 4 15:16:21 prod-frontend proofserv[17280]: cms:master0:Error:TPacketizer::ValidateFiles:Recv failed! for slave-0.5 (compute-0-2)
Jan 4 15:16:21 prod-frontend proofserv[17280]: cms:master0:Error:TPacketizer::ValidateFiles:Recv failed! for slave-0.7 (compute-0-3)
Jan 4 15:16:23 prod-frontend proofserv[17280]: cms:master0:Error:TPacketizer::ValidateFiles:Recv failed! for slave-0.2 (compute-0-1)
Jan 4 15:16:24 prod-frontend proofserv[17280]: cms:master0:*** Break ***:segmentation violation

and the execution doesn’t even start.

When I run the same code with just one file in the TDSet, it runs, though it seems to get stuck in the last events. However, I get the prompt back and I can access all the histograms filled.

Thanks in advance,

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

the data files which you analyse, do you access them via TFile (NFS),
TNetFile (rootd) or TXNetFile (xrootd)?

Could you please start the proofd’s (and rootd’s) with

proofd -d 3 -f

and send the debug output?

Maybe it’s an access/authentication problem from the proofd’s to the files.

Cheers,
Carsten.

Hi Antonio,

what are the file names in the TDSet? They should be root://…. so all PROOF slaves can access these files most efficiently. Have a look in the /var/log/messages files and the master and slaves to get a hint on what might be the problem (rootd authentication as Casten suggests).

Cheers, Fons.