Recovering TTree from a TFile

Dear all,

I am trying to recover data from an experimental run. The data should have been written to a TTree, with 5 branches (board, channel, timing, energy, flags) by the data acquisition system (DAQ) then saved in a ROOT file.
For the run in question, the TFile was created by the DAQ, and the file size is approximately as expected. (approx 8MB). However, when I try to access the data in the TFile, there is no TTree! I have tried using the IsZombie() method that confirms the file IS NOT a zombie. However, when I call 'GetNkeys(), 0 is returned, whereas I would expect 1.

I attach a “good” file for reference, where the file contains the correct TTree. “DataR_CH0@N6724C_24302_Ac_225_no_ladder_no_foil_3.root”

The bad file, “DataR_CH0@N6724C_24302_Ac_225_no_ladder_no_foil_8.root”, is the file for which I wish to recover the data.

Each file is slightly too large to upload here, but can be found at the following link:
https:/ /zenodo . org / record / 8406399

Any advice or suggestions or things to test would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes
Jake

ROOT Version: 6.26/04
Platform: linuxx8664gcc
Compiler: c++ (SUSE Linux) 7.5.0

Welcome to the ROOT Forum! I’m sure @pcanal can help you with this

Thanks! I look forward to any help that can be offered!

Lets see if @pcanal can take a look

Unfortunately the file is corrupted in such a way that the TTree record is not present/seen (according to file->Map();, so I am afraid that this can not be done :frowning:

Hi @pcanal, thanks very much for trying. I will reply to CAEN and report the problem to them so they can look into it further if they feel like it!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.