RDF Filter function with variable number of args

Hi all,

I would like to write a generic filter function which can take any number of arguments of the same type. I will explain what I mean using an example. Lets say I want to write a framework which allows the user to test if a trigger was fired. The triggers are saved individually as bools. But maybe the user does not only want to use only a single trigger but wants to check if one of 2 trigger fired. How do I write a function which I can pass to Filter which can take either one or two (or any) number of boolean arguments? Doing this with a simple string would be easy:
Filter("trigger1 || trigger2"), Filter("trigger1")
But how do I do it with a function?
Filter(func, {"trigger1", "trigger2"}), Filter(func, {"trigger1"})
PassAsVec is not working because the number of triggers is not known at compile time but would be provided via a configuration file.

template<typename... Args>
bool func(Args... args)
{
    return (... && args);
}

is also not working.

I understand that for such a simple example a simple string would be sufficient but the same function is supposed to test if particles were passing the corresponding trigger thresholds and so one as well. Therefore, I would like to use a function which I can debug and test. (This also means in the end that the function definition will get even more complex since it will not only get a list of bools but also e.g. a vector of floats with the momenta of the particles, but this would be another problem for later.) Is their any possibility to do this?

best
Jonas

ROOT Version: 6.18/04
Platform: Ubuntu 18.04
Compiler: g++ 7.4

Any possibility to do this without strings?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Jonas,

Apologies that you never got a reply on your question!

This does look like an interesting feature. I have created https://sft.its.cern.ch/jira/browse/ROOT-10489 to keep track of it.

Cheers, Axel.