Question on TGeo

Hi,

I want to display hits in a drift chamber usin the TGeo classes.

I create TGeoSpheres for each hit and add them to the top node (or DC node). The question is then: How can I remove the nodes for the next event. Theres no TGeoVolume::RemoveNode method.

I have also considered to use TGeoTracks. But since I only want to display hits and not comlete tracks I dont think I can use them.

Whats the official way of dealing with this?

Thanks for your help,

Matthias

Hi Matthias,

TGeo classes are meant to represent geometry structures, not hits/digits/… There is currently an ongoing effort to support such user-defined objects at the level of 3D viewers, togeather with the corresponding API. Meanwhile there is no “official way” to deal with this.

Regards,

[quote=“agheata”]Hi Matthias,

TGeo classes are meant to represent geometry structures, not hits/digits/… There is currently an ongoing effort to support such user-defined objects at the level of 3D viewers, togeather with the corresponding API. Meanwhile there is no “official way” to deal with this.

Regards,[/quote]

You can easil represent it with
root.cern.ch/root/htmldoc//TPolyMarker3D.html
and
root.cern.ch/root/htmldoc//TPolyLine3D.html
The working example:
star.bnl.gov/STAR/comp/vis/O … splay.html

[quote=“agheata”]Hi Matthias,

Regards,[/quote]

You can easil represent it with
root.cern.ch/root/htmldoc//TPolyMarker3D.html
and
root.cern.ch/root/htmldoc//TPolyLine3D.html
The working example:
star.bnl.gov/STAR/comp/vis/O … splay.html

For more sophisticated techniqe, the class
root.cern.ch/root/html404/TPolyL … escription
can be used also. The later assumes one wants subclassing the base class to get the behaviour he/she wants.