Question about monte carlo method describing avalanche multiplication

Hi I am studying about avalanche behavior described with monte carlo method in AvalancheMC class

I have a question about function AvalancheMC::Computegainloss

that function generate electron and hole using monte carlo method

my question is about this part
if (etas[i] < Small) {
ne = RndmYuleFurry(std::exp(alps[i]));
ni = ne - 1;
}

It seems to consider multiplication when hole’s ionization coefficient is very small so we consider only electron’s avalanche

But i can’t understand why generation of electron is described with RndmYuleFurry function when we use monte carlo method on avalanche

I tried understand that formula as etas=0 for case when etas[i] is not small but still couldn’t clarify answer

would you kindly give me an explanation about my question?

Always thanks for your comments

Hi,
this block of code is used if there is no attachment (etas[i] is the attachment coefficient η integrated over the drift line segment i). In the absence of attachment, the number of avalanche electrons after a step x follows a Yule-Furry distribution with a mean exp(αx).

1 Like

Thanks for your answer! By the way which monte carlo model is used at AvalancheMC? At first i assumed it as SMC but it seems to have different process hence AvalancheMC is using ionization coefficient table for counting probability

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.