Qt/root, Qt-GSI and Qt-BNL

Hi,

But you said “It is quite fragile”…

[quote=“fine”][quote=“furutaka”]…
I just wanted to know whether it is properly working on someone’s PC…
[/quote]You said:[quote=“furutaka”]…
a binary for Windoze distributed from BNL, root5.18.00.exe, on Windose Xp SP3):it doesn’t cause crashes[/quote]What about[quote=“furutaka”] I couldn’t open root files from the root object browser.[/quote] I still need to understand / reproduce that. Again, the best place to ask such question is QtRoot list. There are the QtRoot windows users there to help. CERN doesn’t support QtRoot for Windows.[/quote]

OK, let’s move the discussion of QtRoot on windoze to QtRoot list.

Sorry for my confusing post: here I wrote about linux environments.

Kazuyoshi

[quote=“furutaka”]But you said “It is quite fragile”…
[/quote]It is correct, honest and anticipated comment. ROOT 5.21 was the first ROOT release with Qt4-based Qt-layer. It takes some time and plenty of the user’s feedback to make the (free software) package stable. I think I have not revealed a big secret have I? Free software does rely on the end-user feedback.

[quote=“fine”][quote=“furutaka”]But you said “It is quite fragile”…
[/quote]It is correct, honest and anticipated comment. ROOT 5.21 was the first ROOT release with Qt4-based Qt-layer. It takes some time and plenty of the user’s feedback to make the (free software) package stable. I think I have not revealed a big secret did I? Free software does rely on the end-user feedback.[/quote]

Agreed, and I’m trying to be a good end-user :wink:

Kazuyoshi

[quote=“furutaka”]Agreed, and I’m trying to be a good end-user :wink: [/quote]You are welcome :smiley:

[quote=“furutaka”]… though it’s difficult to select the correct icon because of the terrible look…
…[/quote]The reason for “terrible look” was the bug in TGCanvas.cxx
root.cern.ch/viewvc/trunk/gui/gu … ortby=date