Qt and root, CERN installation

Dear Rooters,

I don’t really know if this is the right place to ask, but since I can’t come up with a better one, I am looking for a solution here.

I am trying to build an application with qt and ROOT on a CERN machine.

I am using ROOT 5.22 (a CMS version) together with qt4.

after running qmake on my project file, I try to compile, but I get the following problem:

which indeed is not the location where uic is found. As this seems to be a problem in the way the CERN qt installation is set up, I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and has a (hopefully simple) fix for it.

If anyone knows a better place to ask this question, please feel free to indicate this to me.

Cheers,

Erik

Hi,

Standard ROOT is built against qt 4.4.2 from e.g. /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/qt/4.4.2/slc4_ia32_gcc34

You probably have to set the correct environment variables for your qt 4.5.0-cms2 distribution. But as you are using non-standard CMS versions (ROOT and Qt), you should really ask someone from CMS…

Cheers, Bertrand.

Hello again,

after correcting a somewhat stupid error, I can now compile successfully, but during linking, I run into a different problem, getting the following errors:

while this could indeed potentially be related to the CMS specific ROOT version, I was wondering if someone knows about this issue?

Cheers,

Erik[/quote]

Please, attach some compilation log to reduce the amount of the guess job.

Hi Valerie,

I have given up on this subject for the moment, as at some point, I was able to also link and run the program, however, there are issues during running (flaky display of items, strange button rendering) which seem to indicate that there are still problems. Since I changed things such as to point solely to CMS specific versions of ROOT and the qt libraries, I strongly suspect that the problem is located within this specific setup (as Betrand had pointed out in the first reply). So at the moment I think I need to find out more about the installation before moving on and coming back to this forum.

Thanks,

Erik

[quote=“emb”]… If anyone knows a better place to ask this question, please feel free to indicate this to me.
…[/quote]The better place is lists.bnl.gov/mailman/listinfo/qt-root-l

[quote=“emb”]… I run into a different problem, getting the following errors:

... /afs/cern.ch/cms/sw/slc4_ia32_gcc345/lcg/root/5.22.00a-cms18/lib/libGQt.so: undefined reference to `QPainter::drawImage(QPointF const&, QImage const&)' ...…[/quote]Since you did not report any compilation error I am guessing :unamused: that you compiled your code against of one Qt version and loaded it against of another one.

[quote=“emb”] . . . Since I changed things such as to point solely to CMS specific versions of ROOT and the qt libraries, I strongly suspect that the problem is located within this specific setup (as Betrand had pointed out in the first reply). . . . [/quote]The first question to answer is, “Which version of QtRoot does CMS use? Where it came from?” There is the QtRoot@CMS Wiki page. Did you see it ?