Pythia version compatible with the latest version of ROOT (and including histograms in Pythia!)

Good day!

I installed version pythia8240 and ROOT version 6.16.00 afterwards. I want to use the histogram found in ROOT in one of the examples (main91.cc). I can’t seem to find a way to “linked” those two versions to make main91.cc works. I somehow solved this problem by installing an older version of pythia (8230) and doing the instructions found here: http://home.thep.lu.se/~torbjorn/pythia82html/ROOTusage.html

So I typed this command before typing the “make” command

./configure --with-root=root-installation-directory

After typing this command in the examples of pythia8230:

make main91
./main91

It now produced a histogram. Now, I tried using the command to include histogram in ROOT to another pythia file (this same command can also be found in the main91.cc file):

#include "TH1.h"

It now gives this error message:

mymain01.cc:1:10: fatal error: TH1.h: No such file or directory

I don’t know how to resolve this problem. That same command is in the main91.cc file but when I used this on a new file, it gives an error!

Also, what version of ROOT is compatible with pythia8230? or is there a way that I can “linked” pythia8240 with the latest version of ROOT (v6.16.00) so I won’t have a problem with making histogram in ROOT after doing simulations in Pythia? Thank you.

I think you should call source /wherever_root_is_installed/root/bin/thisroot.sh before compiling your code