Propagated Eve tracks not showing up unless I use the editor

@matevz

I have an odd problem with Eve where tracks I am propagating do not show up unless I use the “Edit Propagator” button in the GUI.

The code where I add the tracks to my scene is in this method:

This uses an experiment specific data binding (LCIO), but I am setting up the tracks in the typical way using the standard classes.

I had thought perhaps the values of Max R and Max Z were the problem, as tracks will not propagate if they are too low. But that doesn’t seem to be it. When I change the slides at all, the tracks immediately show up in the scene, but I cannot get them to render as I switch from event to event, even with hard coded R/Z settings in my code that should be reasonable.

Any idea why this might be the case that they don’t show up by default in a redraw by they get drawn when I use the editor?

The hits and other objects are displaying just fine, and a full redraw does seem to be occurring as I step through events, so basically things are functioning fine except for this.

Hi,

I think you need to call TEveTrack::MakeTrack() (or TEveTrackList::MakeTracks() if you put the tracks into a list). The propagator knows which tracks it’s supposed to control so this gets called on change of propagator parameters.

Cheers,
Matevz

Calling MakeTrack() worked. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.