Projection of TH2F

Hi everyone,

I want to draw a diagonal projection of TH2F. The TH2F is a Dalitz plot, how can I get the projection of “1-x-y”.

Any idea?

Bin

Does the question clear or not? Let me add some word to be more clear.
I got a TH2F plot, Now I knew how to get the projection of X or Y axis, but I don’t know how to get a custom projection, such as “1-x-y”.

Is there any usage or method to solve my difficult? If you knew the usage and method, pls share it with me.

Bin

Does the question clear or not? Let me add some word to be more clear.
I got a TH2F plot, Now I knew how to get the projection of X or Y axis, but I don’t know how to get a custom projection, such as “1-x-y”.

Is there any usage or method to solve my difficult? If you knew the usage and method, pls share it with me.

Bin

HI,

There is no method to do this in ROOT. If you have the original data you have used to fill the histogram (e.g. a tuple), I would directly make the projection using them.
Otherwise just use the histogram assuming all the bin data points are located at the (x,y) bin center values.

Best Regards

Lorenzo

[quote=“moneta”]HI,

There is no method to do this in ROOT. If you have the original data you have used to fill the histogram (e.g. a tuple), I would directly make the projection using them.
Otherwise just use the histogram assuming all the bin data points are located at the (x,y) bin center values.

Best Regards

Lorenzo[/quote]

Yes, I think it is the only way to solve the difficult.

Thank you.

Bin