Problems with the installation of root on windows 10 with WSL

hello everyone!
I am writing because I have some problems with the installation of root on my computer (WINDOWS 10). I followed the steps found in this forum " Complete ROOT Installation Instructions for WSL (Ubuntu 18.04 on Windows 10) " but I still have problems. The root installation in the ubuntu shell seems to have been done correctly, but when I start the program it doesn’t output the graphic screen that I see in some videos (with Xming started).
Also when I try to plot a function it tells me this

[ Error in TGClient::TGClient: can’t open display “localhost:0.0”, switching to batch mode…
In case you run from a remote ssh session, reconnect with ssh -Y ]

what am I wrong? thank you very much for your attention good day to everyone =)

P.S.: I downloaded -ubuntu 18
-ROOT 6.22/00 version for ubuntu 18

Welcome to the ROOT Forum!
Please take a look at those pages:

hello bellnot!
thank you for answering me, I apologize for not answering immediately but I had not activated the response notifications…
returning to us, I followed all the procedures indicated in your links, but the problem remains … it seems that the system did not read the order "export DISPLAY=:0.
To give you another example, I installed a simple visual text editor ( Geany ), I opened the program Xming and when I tried to open the program it tells me this
"Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
Geany: cannot open display "
what do you think? maybe I’m wrong about starting Xming?

thanks for your attention, have a good evening =)

Well, this is really a X11/Xming/WSL issue, and definitively not related to ROOT, so I suggest to search for it on the Web and try to find a solution, it’s what I would do anyway… Sorry, but I can’t really help more since I can’t try with WSL and have no problem with XMing and ssh (PuTTY).

i understand perfectly, thanks anyway for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.