Problems with spaces in file path

When I try to load and compile a module with

.L module.C+
it breaks if there are any spaces anywhere in the full path name on linux or MacOS. In the past, I’ve gotten around this problem by getting rid of the spaces in the path, but now I’m using a shared drive where I can’t do that. Symbolic links don’t fix the problem because it immediately decodes them and tried to use the real path.

Is there any workaround for this? It seems very strange this limitation exists in 2017.

Hi,
did you try replace " " by "\ "

I guess I wasn’t clear. I’m not putting in path names. I’m working in a directory that has spaces in the full path. In this case, the directory is
/Users/prebys/OneDrive/OneDrive - Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory/g4beamline_study

When I try to load and compile the modules, I get errors that show cling is breaking up the path name and getting confused. I had the same problem when I was working in a Google Drive directory. In that case, I could get around it with clever use of symbolic links, but OneDrive won’t let me get away with that.

This seems like a very weird problem to have in 2017.

I am having a similar problem, see https://sft.its.cern.ch/jira/browse/ROOT-9345