Problems with MacOS

Hi,

I’ve just compiled root 5.08/00 on MacOs X 10.3.9 and I can’t load any macros.
The line gROOT->LoadMacro("/Users/vaubee/kin/Element.cc+"); in my rootlogon.C doesn’t work as it does usually (on a linux machine). I always get the error message
dlopen error: dlcompat: dyld: /root/bin/root.exe can’t open library: /root/lib/libGX11.4.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /Users/vaubee/kin/Element_cc.so
*** Interpreter error recovered ***
I’ve got a similar message with an older version of root , where it said that Element_cc.dylib wasn’t found when I tried to load a second macro.
Do I have to use some special options for configure? I didn’t use any option.
Thanks for the help!

Hi,

it looks like you’ve turned on dylib versioning in the root ./configure (see the libX11.4.dylib, should be libX11.dylib). Do you just use ./configure? Does the lib libX11.4.dylib exist? I’ve no 10.3 anymore to test it with. Any change you can use Tiger?

Cheers, Fons.

Hi,

I’ve used configure without any flags and it returns at the end:

Enabled support for asimage, builtin_afterimage, builtin_freetype, builtin_pcre, exceptions, krb5, ldap, opengl, python, shared, ssl, thread, xml, xrootd.

That doesn’t look to me like the dylib versioning is enabled. And root is right, the lib libX11.4.dylib doesn’t exist (libX11.dylib does exist).

Unfortunately it doesn’t make sense for me to change to tiger since I’m working with a Powerbook G3 Pismo (from 2000) and tiger is simply too slow on that machine.

Cheers,

Vinzenz