Problems Using Mathematica from ROOT

Hello.

I am currently trying to figure out how to run Mathematica from within ROOT. I followed these instructions: root.cern.ch/drupal/content/how- … atica-root but I am having a difficult time trying to get it to work.

I had to modify a few things:
[ul][li][size=85]/afs/cern.ch/project/parc/math50[/size] doesn’t seem to exist; instead there is math, math51, math52, math70, math80, and math90. I decided to use math90 since it’s the most recent version.
[/li]
[li]I replaced every instance of
[list][] [size=85]/afs/cern.ch/project/parc/math50/AddOns/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux/CompilerAdditions[/size][/li][/ul]
with
[ul][li] [size=85]/afs/cern.ch/project/parc/math90/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux-x86-64/CompilerAdditions[/size][/li][/ul]
[/
:m]
[li]I replaced every instance of
[ul][] [size=85]/afs/cern.ch/project/parc/math50/bin/math[/size][/li][/ul]
with
[ul][li] [size=85]/afs/cern.ch/project/parc/math90/bin/math[/size][/li][/ul]
[/
:m]
[li]For the 3rd step (using this command):
[size=80]g++ -I $ROOTSYS/include \ -I/afs/cern.ch/project/parc/math50/AddOns/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux/CompilerAdditions \ rootMathematica.cxx Mathematica.cxx MathematicaFunctions.cxx \ /afs/cern.ch/project/parc/math50/AddOns/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux/CompilerAdditions/libML.a \ -o rootMathematica `root-config --glibs` -lrt[/size] I used the previously mentioned replacements, but I wasn’t sure what to put in the place of libML.a, so I tried out all of my options.

[ul][]For libML32i3.a and libML32i3.so, I get essentially the same error: [size=85]MathematicaFunctions.cxx: In function ‘int startMathematica()’: MathematicaFunctions.cxx:15: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ MathematicaFunctions.cxx:16: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ MathematicaFunctions.cxx:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ MathematicaFunctions.cxx:18: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ /afs/cern.ch/project/parc/math90/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux-x86-64/CompilerAdditions/libML32i3.a: could not read symbols: File in wrong format[/size]
[/li]
[li]For libML64i3.a, I get: [size=85]MathematicaFunctions.cxx: In function ‘int startMathematica()’: MathematicaFunctions.cxx:15: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ MathematicaFunctions.cxx:16: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ MathematicaFunctions.cxx:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ MathematicaFunctions.cxx:18: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ /afs/cern.ch/project/parc/math90/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux-x86-64/CompilerAdditions/libML64i3.a(mlinterface.cpp.o): In function `MLNetwork::MLInterfaceContainer::PrintInterfaceContainer(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&) const': mlinterface.cpp:(.text+0xe6d): undefined reference to `std::ctype<char>::_M_widen_init() const' /afs/cern.ch/project/parc/math90/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux-x86-64/CompilerAdditions/libML64i3.a(mlplatformobjectbrokers.cpp.o): In function `MLObjectBrokers::MLUnixSystemObjectNameBroker::Thread1()': mlplatformobjectbrokers.cpp:(.text+0x1535): undefined reference to `std::ctype<char>::_M_widen_init() const' /afs/cern.ch/project/parc/math90/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux-x86-64/CompilerAdditions/libML64i3.a(mlplatformobjectbrokers.cpp.o): In function `MLObjectBrokers::MLUnixSystemObjectNameBroker::DeleteRecord(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&)': mlplatformobjectbrokers.cpp:(.text+0x2119): undefined reference to `std::ctype<char>::_M_widen_init() const' /afs/cern.ch/project/parc/math90/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/Linux-x86-64/CompilerAdditions/libML64i3.a(mlplatformobjectbrokers.cpp.o): In function `MLObjectBrokers::MLUnixSystemObjectNameBroker::RecordName(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&)': mlplatformobjectbrokers.cpp:(.text+0x2726): undefined reference to `std::ctype<char>::_M_widen_init() const'[/size]
[/li]
[li]For libML64i3.so, I only get warnings: [size=85]MathematicaFunctions.cxx: In function ‘int startMathematica()’: MathematicaFunctions.cxx:15: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ MathematicaFunctions.cxx:16: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ MathematicaFunctions.cxx:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ MathematicaFunctions.cxx:18: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’[/size] but then when I try to proceed with the next step, I get: [size=85]error while loading shared libraries: libML64i3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory[/size][/li][/ul][/
:m][/list:u]

I thought that libML64i3.a would be the library that I should use because it’s .a like in the instructions, but I cannot figure out what is going wrong. I was wondering if anyone had any insight or suggestions on what’s going wrong or how to fix it.

Thanks!