Problems compiling ROOT v6 (and v5)

Hello,
Recently I have been running into two problems compiling ROOT v6 (and v5).

i) Trying to compile root-6.06-04 on OS X 10.11.4 yields the following errors:

include/Vc/sse/intrinsics.h:309:17: error: use of undeclared identifier '__builtin_ia32_psrldqi128’
c = _mm_srli_si128(_mm_setallone_si128(), 12);
^
include/Vc/sse/…/common/fix_clang_emmintrin.h:40:12: note: expanded from macro ‘_mm_srli_si128’
(__m128i)__builtin_ia32_psrldqi128((__m128i)(a), (count)*8); })
^
In file included from /usr/local/cern/root-6.06.04/math/vc/src/trigonometric.cpp:20:
In file included from include/Vc/Vc:22:
In file included from include/Vc/vector.h:33:
In file included from include/Vc/sse/vector.h:23:
include/Vc/sse/intrinsics.h:309:15: error: assigning to ‘__m128i’ (vector of 2 ‘long long’ values) from incompatible type
’void’
c = _mm_srli_si128(_mm_setallone_si128(), 12);
^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/Vc/sse/intrinsics.h:312:32: error: use of undeclared identifier '__builtin_ia32_psrldqi128’
c = _mm_slli_si128(_mm_srli_si128(_mm_setallone_si128(), 12), 4);
^
include/Vc/sse/…/common/fix_clang_emmintrin.h:40:12: note: expanded from macro ‘_mm_srli_si128’
(__m128i)__builtin_ia32_psrldqi128((__m128i)(a), (count)*8); })

and

ii) Compilation stops when fortran is invoked on the compilation of minincern (zebra, hbook, …)

My compiler versions:

clang -v
Apple LLVM version 7.3.0 (clang-703.0.31)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin15.4.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

gfortran -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gfortran
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/local/libexec/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin15.0.0/6.0.0/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin15.0.0
Configured with: …/gcc-6-20151213/configure --enable-languages=c++,fortran
Thread model: posix
gcc version 6.0.0 20151213 (experimental) (GCC)

(Note: fortran using v 5.1 or 5.3 gave the same errors)

Thanks for your help,
Wolfgang

I am not sure that you are using the CMake to build. In any case you should. The instructions are in root.cern.ch/installing-root-source . In case you turn all option ON with -Dall=ON need, you will need to disable vc explicitly for this version of Xcode.

cmake -Dvc=OFF .

Dear Mato,
Thanks for your response. I did indeed use configure instead of cmake.
Now I started with cmake and the compilation fails at:

[ 54%] Built target Hist
[ 56%] Built target Tree
[ 56%] Linking CXX executable bin/hsimple.exe
[ 56%] Built target hsimple.exe
[ 56%] Generating tutorials/hsimple.root
dyld: Library not loaded: libssl.1.0.0.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/cern/root-build/lib/libNet.so
Reason: image not found
/bin/sh: line 1: 22960 Trace/BPT trap: 5 DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cern/root-build/lib: /usr/local/cern/root-build/bin/hsimple.exe
make[2]: *** [tutorials/hsimple.root] Error 133
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/hsimple.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Wolfgang

Latest version of OS X does not come with openssl. What I do not understand is that it should have complained at moment of issuing the cmake command and not at this level of the build when trying to execute an example. It will be nice if you could send the output of cmake command on a clean build area.
Alternatively, you can enable the builtin openssl with the option -Dbuiltin_openssl=ON

Dear Mato,
Thanks again for the reply. Attached is the output of my cmake command. Now I will try your builtin_openssl option.

Best,
Wolfgang
cmake_output.txt (8.6 KB)

Thanks. CMake finds openssl in your system in /Users/korsch/anaconda/lib/libssl.dylib. Could it be that this installation with anaconda is for the previous OS X version or is incompete? For example what does say:

ls -a /Users/korsch/anaconda/lib/libssl.dylib
otool -L /Users/korsch/anaconda/lib/libssl.dylib

Probably is links with libssl.1.0.0.dylib that is found found afterwords.

After removing python 3.5 (anaconda) and installing anaconda 2.7 the compilation ran successfully to completion. Thanks for the help.

Wolfgang