Problems compiling a script

So, in an ongoing attempt to overcome a very subtle problem, I’ve been attempting to compile a script. Two questions/problems.

1. If a shared library is loaded via rootlogon.C, then shouldn’t these be available to the compiler if the script is compiled on the root command line? I’ve done the Load in both rootlogon and on the command line and the compiler sees neither. So, I’ve just included the relevant header files.

What might be the problem here? It would probably help if I used the shared object libraries rather than recompiling the code.

1. When compiling, I’ve fixed all errors (still a lot of warnings, but mostly just int versus size_t, etc…) and it appears to create the .so library, but is then unable to load it. I am unable to produce output at the moment because the cluster files are unavailable, but I will produce it as soon as possible. Thanks.
    [/i][/code]

[quote]What might be the problem here? It would probably help if I used the shared object libraries rather than recompiling the code.
[/quote]It depends :wink: How do you load you library? On which platform are you running?

The load error is most likely an undefined symbol meaning that some depend library must be loaded and/or you forgot to implement some of the functions.

Cheers,
Philippe.