Problems after moving to Catalina

Hi, I’m having some troubles after moving to Catalina. If I compile my old macros (v6.16.00) I get this:

ld: cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/lib/libAudioToolboxUtility.tbd for architecture x86_64

clang: **error:** linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Error in <ACLiC>: Compilation failed!

The usual xcode -select --install doesn’t help. Also a clever reading of previous posts here didn’t work. All right, I had already in mind to rebuild root, activating more options.

If I try with v6.18.04, I have some problems already after cmake:

-- Performing Test found_stdstringview
-- Performing Test found_stdstringview - Success
-- Performing Test found_stod_stringview
-- Performing Test found_stod_stringview - Failed
-- Performing Test found_stdapply
-- Performing Test found_stdapply - Failed
-- Performing Test found_stdinvoke
-- Performing Test found_stdinvoke - Failed
-- Performing Test found_stdindexsequence
-- Performing Test found_stdindexsequence - Failed

Build stops here:

[ 76%] Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libXrdProofd.so
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "XrdSysLogger::RmLogRotateLock()", referenced from:
      XrdSysLogger::~XrdSysLogger() in XrdProofConn.cxx.o
      XrdProofdAux::LogEmsgToFile(char const*, char const*, char const*) in XrdProofdAux.cxx.o
      XrdSysLogger::~XrdSysLogger() in XrdProofdProtocol.cxx.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[2]: *** [lib/libXrdProofd.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [proof/proofd/CMakeFiles/XrdProofd.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

This happens regardless of the options I give with cmake, so even for all set to OFF.

I tried to link the make files for libXrdProofd to an older working version but it didn’t seem to work (but maybe this was completely wrong).

Any hint?

Thanks in advance!

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

_ROOT Version: 6.16.00 / 6.18.04
_Platform: MacOS
Compiler: Not Provided

Still no replies… :confused:

Maybe an up? :arrow_up:

Humm disabling xrootd support should prevent all compilation and thus all compaints about xrootd … maybe there is a problem with the way the setting OFF is done. What did you try?

I tried to link the make files for libXrdProofd to an older working version but it didn’t seem to work (but maybe this was completely wrong).

Sounds like there might be multiple copies of those libraries. Did you install a new version of xrootd or are you using the builtin one?

Hi, thank you so much for the reply!

I get the error message above compiling with

cmake ../root-6.18.04/ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/root -Droofit=ON -Dtmva=ON -Dminuit2=ON -Dpython=ON

And the same happens if I set all those options to OFF. Sorry, I was not clear about this.

I am trying to install a new version of Root in different directories than the previous. This shouldn’t cause the files to conflict. Or should I uninstall the previous version of Root before compiling a new one?

Catalina is a mess. Try this binary, works for me: https://root.cern/download/nightly/root_v6.18.99.macosx64-10.15-clang110.pkg

And building ROOT while having existing ROOT build is not a problem at all. But binaries are way easier :slight_smile: It’ll end up in /Applications/root-...

Axel.

Hi, thank you for the good advice! Everything went smoothly during the installation and it works nicely with my old macros. Great!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.