Problem with Vista, Cygwin and ROOT v.5.16

Hi all,
I have another problem with Cygwin, but now with Vista and no with XP.

I open Cygwin and if I write:

I have:

$ root
      6 [main] root 2980 child_copy: linked dll data write copy failed, 0x24D000..0x24D0C0, done 0, windows pid 3284, Win32 error 487
root: error forking child

If I write:

I have:

root [0] TBrowser p

dlopen error: No such file or directory
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /home/ciccio/root/lib/libASImage.dll
Error in <TCint::AutoLoad>: failure loading library libASImage.dll for class TASImage
Error in <TPluginHandler::SetupCallEnv>: class TASImage not found in plugin ASImage
Error in <TGComboBox::TGComboBox>: arrow_down.xpm not found
Error in <TGVScrollBar::TGVScrollBar>: arrow_*.xpm not found

*** Break *** segmentation violation
Root > 

It’s a Root problem or a X/Cygwin problem?
My Root version is 5.16 and I use the binary distribution and followed the instructions that are on Axel Naumann’s web site.

Hi,

I have never seen the “child_copy: linked dll data write copy failed” problem. Check out cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-01/msg00782.html. If this isn’t it maybe Google can find some more info for you.

On the second problem: ls -l /home/ciccio/root/lib/libASImage.dll gives what? Can you also post the output of “env” and “which root”?

Axel.

Hi Axel,
this is that you have asked to me

lrwxrwxrwx 1 ciccio mkgroup 21 Sep 13 10:14 /home/ciccio/root/lib/libASImage.dll -> ../bin/libASImage.dll
HOMEPATH=\Users\ciccio
MANPATH=/usr/local/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/man:/usr/local/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/man::/usr/ssl/man:/usr/ssl/man
APPDATA=C:\Users\ciccio\AppData\Roaming
HOSTNAME=nbdevoto
XKEYSYMDB=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XKeysymDB
TERM=xterm
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6, GenuineIntel
WINDIR=C:\Windows
WINDOWID=2097165
PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public
PROGRAMDATA=C:\ProgramData
OLDPWD=/home/ciccio
USERDOMAIN=NBDEVOTO
OS=Windows_NT
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData
XAPPLRESDIR=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults
XTERM_SHELL=/usr/bin/bash
XCMSDB=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/Xcms.txt
USER=ciccio
!::=::\
TEMP=/cygdrive/c/Users/ciccio/AppData/Local/Temp
COMMONPROGRAMFILES=C:\Program Files\Common Files
XNLSPATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale
TVDUMPFLAGS=8
TERMCAP=xterm-r6|xterm|xterm X11R6 version:am:km:mi:ms:xn:co#80:it#8:li#24:AL=\E[%dL:DC=\E[%dP:DL=\E[%dM:DO=\E[%dB:LE=\E[%dD:RI=\E[%dC:UP=\E[%dA:ae=^O:al=\E[L:as=^N:bl=^G:cd=\E[J:ce=\E[K:cl=\E[H\E[2J:cm=\E[%i%d;%dH:cr=^M:cs=\E[%i%d;%dr:ct=\E[3g:dc=\E[P:dl=\E[M:do=^J:ei=\E[4l:ho=\E[H:im=\E[4h:is=\E7\E[r\E[m\E[?7h\E[?1;3;4;6l\E[4l\E8\E>:k1=\EOP:k2=\EOQ:k3=\EOR:k4=\EOS:k5=\E[15~:k6=\E[17~:k7=\E[18~:k8=\E[19~:k9=\E[20~:kD=\E[3~:kI=\E[2~:kN=\E[6~:kP=\E[5~:kd=\EOB:ke=\E[?1l\E>:kh=\E[1~:kl=\EOD:kr=\EOC:ks=\E[?1h\E=:ku=\EOA:le=^H:md=\E[1m:me=\E[m:mr=\E[7m:nd=\E[C:rc=\E8:sc=\E7:se=\E[m:sf=^J:so=\E[7m:sr=\EM:ta=^I:te=\E[2J\E[?47l\E8:ti=\E7\E[?47h:ue=\E[m:up=\E[A:us=\E[4m:kb=\010:
USERNAME=ciccio
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PATH=/home/ciccio/root/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:.:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/ciccio/root/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.7/miktex/bin:/cygdrive/c/Windows/system32:/cygdrive/c/Windows:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Ulead Systems/MPEG:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
SYSTEMDRIVE=C:
PWD=/home/ciccio
CYGWIN_ROOT=\cygwin
USERPROFILE=C:\Users\ciccio
PS1=\[\e]0;\w\a\]\n\[\e[32m\]\u@\h \[\e[33m\]\w\[\e[0m\]\n\$ 
LOGONSERVER=\\NBDEVOTO
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\ciccio\AppData\Local
!C:=C:\cygwin\home\ciccio
XTERM_LOCALE=C
XTERM_VERSION=Cygwin 6.8.99.901(229)
ROOTSYS=/home/ciccio/root
SHLVL=2
HOME=/home/ciccio
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
HOMEDRIVE=C:
PROMPT=$P$G
COMSPEC=C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
LOGNAME=ciccio
TMP=/cygdrive/c/Users/ciccio/AppData/Local/Temp
SYSTEMROOT=C:\Windows
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0f06
PRINTER=Microsoft XPS Document Writer
CVS_RSH=/bin/ssh
RUN=\cygwin\bin\run -p /usr/X11R6/bin
MAKE_MODE=unix
PROGRAMFILES=C:\Program Files
INFOPATH=/usr/local/info:/usr/share/info:/usr/info:/usr/local/info:/usr/share/info:/usr/info:
DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=2
SESSIONNAME=Console
COMPUTERNAME=NBDEVOTO
!EXITCODE=00000000
_=/usr/bin/env

/home/ciccio/root/bin/root

I suppose that the problem is the Cygwin/X compatiblitity with Vista.
I must to learn to use Xming, another X server
Thanks
Ciccio

Hi,

and “ls -l /home/ciccio/root/bin/libASImage.dll” gives what?

Axel.

Hi Axel,

[quote=“Axel”]Hi,

and “ls -l /home/ciccio/root/bin/libASImage.dll” gives what?

Axel.[/quote]

-rwxr-xr-x 1 ciccio mkpasswd 1517221 Jun 29 00:23 /home/ciccio/root/bin/libASImage.dll

Sorry, no idea, it all looks good. The only suggestion I have: please use one of the supported windows ROOT versions, e.g. the plain win32 with the no-cost microsoft visual C 2005 express edition.
Cheers, Axel.