Problem with TVector3

Hello,

I just compiled version 5.10 on a Debian machine (Linux version 2.4.27-1-686-smp (gcc version 3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-9))).

For some reason I’m unable to use TVector3 class objects :

• CINT doesn’t seem to know the class :
  • if I try to compile a script containing a TVector3 object, i get a compilation error :

Info in <TUnixSystem::ACLiC>: creating shared library /home/jheyse/work/lidar/reflectivity/./defvector_C.so dlopen error: /home/jheyse/work/lidar/reflectivity/./defvector_C.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8TVector3C1Eddd Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /home/jheyse/work/lidar/reflectivity/./defvector_C.so /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.5/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x18): In function `_start': ../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S:98: undefined reference to `main' /home/jheyse/work/lidar/reflectivity/./fileOgeN1b.o(.text+0x37): In function `defvector()': : undefined reference to `TVector3::TVector3[in-charge](double, double, double)' /home/jheyse/work/lidar/reflectivity/./fileOgeN1b.o(.text+0x42): In function `defvector()': : undefined reference to `TVector3::~TVector3 [in-charge]()' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status *** Interpreter error recovered ***

Any suggestions ? Probably something went wrong during installation/compilation, but it’s the first time I encounter this problem (it is, however, the first time I install ROOT on this machine).

Cheers,

Jan

TVector3 is in libPhysics.
From the CINT prompt, the library should be loaded automatically unless
you forgot to run
make map

Rene

Rene, thank you for your quick reply.

I tried to build the map as suggested, but there seems to be a problem with rlibmap. After running for over half an hour, the system.rootmap file still has size 0 and make just seems to be stuck on

bin/rlibmap -r etc/system.rootmap -l lib/libRootAuth.so \ -d -c auth/inc/LinkDefRoot.h

Any idea what the problem might be here ?

You should give more details on your installation. How did you configure?

make map should take only a few seconds.

Rene

Rene,

I used the standard linux-architecture configuration, installing it in the generic ROOTSYS directory.

Jan