Problem with TMVA library when installing from source

I installed root (5.25.04) from source files on a debian release but I have problems when linking to TMVA libraries

g++ -o analyzeData analyzeData.o -O -L/home1/v_ciulli/local/root/5-25-04/root/lib -lCore -lCint -lRIO -lNet -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lTree -lRint -lPostscript -lMatrix -lPhysics -lMathCore -lThread -pthread -lm -ldl -rdynamic -lMinuit -lTMVA
/home1/v_ciulli/local/root/5-25-04/root/lib/libTMVA.so: undefined reference to TMultiLayerPerceptron::Evaluate(int, double*) const' /home1/v_ciulli/local/root/5-25-04/root/lib/libTMVA.so: undefined reference toTXMLEngine::HasAttr(void*, char const*)’
[…]

The same code works fine on lxplus5 or macos

Any idea of what could be wrong?

Many thanks,
Vitaliano

Add the libs

-lMLP -lXMLIO
Rene

Thanks, this removed most of error messages but not all of them

v_ciulli@stufis15:~/Analisi_Dati_2009/tmva/analyze$ g++ -o analyzeData analyzeData.o -O -L/home1/v_ciulli/local/root/5-25-04/root/lib -lCore -lCint -lRIO -lNet -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lTree -lRint -lPostscript -lMatrix -lPhysics -lMathCore -lThread -pthread -lm -ldl -rdynamic -lMinuit -lTMVA -lXMLIO -lMLP
/home1/v_ciulli/local/root/5-25-04/root/lib/libTMVA.so: undefined reference to TTreeFormula::TTreeFormula(char const*, char const*, TTree*)' /home1/v_ciulli/local/root/5-25-04/root/lib/libMLP.so: undefined reference toTTreeFormulaManager::TTreeFormulaManager()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Do you know which libraries I still miss?

By the way, why it is not needed to explicitly link these libraries on lxplus?
Is there an option in ./configure which I should have used?
I built ROOT in a local directory setting ROOTSYS variable since I am not administrator of this machine.

Cheers,
Vitaliano

Hi,

When using the root executable and ACLiC all those library are auto-loaded based on the need. They are not explicitly linked in order to avoid loading libraries that you do not need (and hence wasting resources).

The library you are now missing is -lTreePlayer

Cheers,
Philippe.

When you have this type of problem, you must specify in your link sequence the library that contains the class.
In your case, look at the documentation of TTreeFormulaManager at
root.cern.ch/root/html/TTreeFormulaManager.html
and move your mouse in the grayish box on the top right corner. You will see more details about the class, including the library where you can find it.

Rene