Problem with the installation of root

Dear all.

I’ve been trying to install root for a while now, and I still can’t manage to do it after watching several posts. I have all the required and suggested packages, and I’m trying to install the version 6.12.06 from the source. So far, ./configure seems to be doing its work, but make gives this after a while

*** Building core/lz4/src/lz4-1.7.5/lib/liblz4.a…
gzip: /home/jt/ROOT/root-6.12.06/core/lz4/src/1.7.5.tar.gz: unexpected end of file
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
/bin/sh: 11: cd: can’t cd to lz4-1.7.5
make[1]: Entering directory /home/jt/ROOT/root-6.12.06/core/lz4/src’ make[1]: *** No rule to make targetlib’. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jt/ROOT/root-6.12.06/core/lz4/src’
make: *** [core/lz4/src/lz4-1.7.5/lib/liblz4.a] Error 2

Any ideas on what I could do?

Hi,

configure is deprecated: please use CMake.
6.14 has been released last week: perhaps, given that you are installing from scratch, would it make sense to consider that release instead of 6.12?

Best,
D

Hi.

I’ve arleady tried to use cmake, but my system doesn’t allow me to get over the version 3.2 (3.4 is needed for root). I still don’t know why that’s happening.

Hi,

you can always download and compile CMake in your home directory: you can then get CMake 3.4. Note that this is a requirement, without CMake, you cannot have ROOT.

Best,
D

Hi.

I got a newer version of CMake, and it seemes to be fine, but when I tried to cmake --build. it came to an error almost at the end (I leave it bellow)

Scanning dependencies of target G__ROOTVecOps
[ 88%] Generating G__ROOTVecOps.cxx, …/…/lib/libROOTVecOps_rdict.pcm, …/…/lib/libROOTVecOps.rootmap
In file included from input_line_12:7:
/home/jt/root/include/ROOT/RVec.hxx:36:10: fatal error: ‘vdt/vdtMath.h’ file not found
#include <vdt/vdtMath.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Error: /home/jt/root/bin/rootcling: compilation failure (/home/jt/root/lib/libROOTVecOps4a3507c6cd_dictUmbrella.h)
make[2]: *** [math/vecops/G__ROOTVecOps.cxx] Error 1
make[1]: *** [math/vecops/CMakeFiles/G__ROOTVecOps.dir/all] Error 2

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.