Problem with SetFillCplor for 1D histogram

ROOT Version: Not Provided
Platform: Not Provided
Compiler: Not Provided

When I execute the code snippet below, there is no fill in the histogram, even if I redraw it as done in the last line. What’s wrong?

Jz0C->SetStats(kFALSE);
Jz0C->Draw();
Jz0C->SetLineWidth(1);
Jz0C->SetLineColor(1);
Jz0C->SetFillColor(38);
Jz0C->SetFillStyle(3005);
Jz0C->SetMinimum(0);
Jz0C->Draw();

Hi,

could you provide a reproducer and the root version you are using?

Cheers,
D

Hi,

I’m running root 5.34/14 on Kubuntu 14.04. I don’t know what a reproducer is. I run the root job and the histogram is displayed, but just as a line drawing without fill.

Thanks for following up

Try (a “standalone reproducer” which works fine for me):

{
  TH1F *Jz0C = new TH1F("h_gaus", "gaus(random x, 0, 1);random x;number of enteries;", 100, -5., 5.);
  Jz0C->Sumw2(kTRUE); // an optional setting
  Jz0C->FillRandom("gaus");
  // ...
  Jz0C->SetStats(kFALSE);
  // Jz0C->Draw();
  Jz0C->SetLineWidth(1);
  Jz0C->SetLineColor(1);
  Jz0C->SetFillColor(38);
  Jz0C->SetFillStyle(3005);
  Jz0C->SetMinimum(0);
  Jz0C->Draw("HIST"); // the "HIST" is needed only if the histogram has Sumw2(kTRUE)
  // ...
  if (gPad) { gPad->Modified(); gPad->Update(); } // make sure it's really (re)drawn
}

Your code works for me too. I now recall having a problem like this before with a ROOT input file histogram. I had to explicitly transfer the contents of the input histogram to a temporary histogram before filling would work. I did that with my code and the fill works fine. There must be some feature of the input file that blocks modification. Thanks for the example and the memory jog.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.