Problem with libx11 whileBuilding ROOT

After the build command, while “Linking CXX shared library” the terminal says that “-l/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so” is impossible to find, also that the set of instruction for “lib/libASImage.so” failed, same for “graf2d/asimage/CMakeFiles/ASImage.dir/all”. I already checked and got the newest version for libx11. How can I resolve it?

You are possibly missing the the “libx11-dev” package.

Nope, I already got it

So, you do get reasonable output from the ls -al /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so command?

This is the answer:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 gen 28  2017 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so -> libX11.so.6.3.0

The problem is the -l in front of the library name. Compilers either accept e.g. -lmylib or /usr/lib/mylib.so. Please let us know what configuration you are using (OS, compiler, and cmake with their versions, and command line given to CMake), so that we can reproduce and fix the problem. Thanks!

The OS I’ve installed ubuntu 17.04, cmake version is 3.7.2-1, about the compiler version I’ve no idea, I’m using the Bash compiler, and the command line is " cmake --build . – -j4 "

I just thought that you probably asked for the whole command lines I gave the terminal, so I’m writing them down:
mkdir root_build

cd root_build/

cmake …/root-6.10.00/ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/root -Dminuit2=ON -Droofit=ON -Dgsl_shared=ON

cmake --build . – -j4

sudo cmake --build . --target install

They will probably want your CMakeCache.txt file.

How can I get it? I just extracted the source tar file, version 6.10/08, and gave the previous commands from terminal. When I installed it on another PC it went right, so I don’t understand why it’s giving problems…

Thank you, this is what I needed. I see that you are using ROOT 6.10/00. The problem you are facing should be fixed in 6.10/08 and 6.11/02. Please try again with one of those versions and let us know if you still have this problem. If you cannot solve it, I can give you part of the script for building the Ubuntu docker image, which will let you build and install ROOT in a more reproducible way. Cheers,

That list of commands was sent to me by a friend of mine, and since I copied it down here, I forgot to change the version, but on my terminal I set the right version that was the 6.10/08, so what can I do?

The CMakeCache.txt is generated in the folder where CMake is executed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.