Problem with libPyROOT.dll

Hi,

i have pythonxy installed on my PC and installes Root 5.28.00b (runs fine). But when i try to acess Root from my, I get the error show below.

Python 2.6.2 (r262:71605, Apr 14 2009, 22:40:02) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
Type “copyright”, “credits” or “license” for more information.

IPython 0.10.1 – An enhanced Interactive Python.
? -> Introduction and overview of IPython’s features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help -> Python’s own help system.
object? -> Details about ‘object’. ?object also works, ?? prints more.

Welcome to pylab, a matplotlib-based Python environment.
For more information, type ‘help(pylab)’.

In [1]: import ROOT

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “c:\root\bin\ROOT.py”, line 85, in
import libPyROOT as _root
ImportError: DLL load failed: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

In [2]:

And here ar my env. variables:

PATH:

c:\root\bin;C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\libtiff;C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\bin;%WinDir%\System32;C:\Python26;C:\Python26\DLLs;C:\Python26\Scripts;C:\Python26\gnuplot\bin;C:\Programme\pythonxy\mingw\bin;C:\Programme\pythonxy\gettext\bin;C:\Python26\OpenCV\bin;C:\Programme\pythonxy\SciTE-2.21;C:\Programme\pythonxy\swig;C:\Programme\pythonxy\console;C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\vtk

PYTHONPATH:

c:\root\bin;C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\sebastian.rhode\Eigene Dateien\My Dropbox\Python_Files\tiff_read

ROOTSYS:

c:\root\

Any idea what the problem could be and how to solve it?

Thnaks for your help,

Sebi

Sebi,

the module should be called libPyROOT.pyd (rather than .dll) and should indeed be available under $ROOTSYS/bin or $ROOTSYS/lib (I can’t quite recall, and don’t have access to a Windows box at the moment). That path then should be part of PYTHONPATH and visible from python under sys.path. There are possible complications if the python install is non-cygwin and the rest of the environment is and vice versa ("/" versus “”, etc.).

So, first check where libPyROOT.pyd is located, then check sys.path and see whether that directory is in there in the proper form.

Another recent topic on this was [url]How to use PyROOT on Windows

Cheers,
Wim