Problem with libGui.so.6.14

Hi All,

I’m not very good with linking libraries and so on, so here is a newbie question.

I have a program that uses root to plot some data from a lab power supply on two computers. On one computer it works, and on the other one I get the following error when running it it:

lvSupervisor: error while loading shared libraries: libGui.so.6.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Before I run the program I do the following:

source /opt/root5/bin/thisroot.sh
export ROOTLIB=/usr/local/lib/root
export ROOTSYS=/usr/local/lib/root

When I look at both computer, one has root 5.34/34 and the other, has 5.36/34. Can this be the problem? Both computer have CentOS7 from CERN. And when I check both computer’s /usr/local/lib/ dirs they look very similar.

So I have no clue what is going on…

Cheers,
Nikkie

Hi,

there is an issue with your environment. You are probably trying to run an executable built to work together with root 6.14 and setting up an environment for root5.

Cheers,
D

So I tried with

source /opt/root6/bin/thisroot.sh
export ROOTLIB=/usr/local/lib/root
export ROOTSYS=/usr/local/lib/root

because I have both root versions on this computer, and then I get the same problem…

Hello,

this is fishy. What happens if you just source the script?

Dear @Pnine,

So there was indeed something fishy going on. For some reason the Makefiles had changed and therefore it did not compile properly anymore.
I copied the Makefile from a computer on which is was still working, compiled again and now it is working with root5 again.

Cheers,
Nikkie