Problem with cloning tree containing "long long" t

Hi,

I try to clone a tree in a stand alone c++ program containing a member (daqTime_) of type long long. Running the program yields the following error:

Error in <TStreamerInfo::WriteBuffer>: The element I3Time::daqTime_ type 204 (long) is not supported yet

Is this a limitation of root and if yes is there any work around?

Cheers, Alexander

Hi,

Could you please provide a running example to reproduce this problem?

Thanks,
Philippe

Hi Philippe,

it seems I managed to produce a “stand alone” version of my program. Unfortunately, I had to include a quite large library so that even the gzip tar file has 15 MB. Hence, I cannot apload it to the server. But you can download it from www.icecube.wisc.edu/~kappes/test.tar.gz

I compiled the program with gcc4.1.1 (Fedora Core 6) and ROOT v5.10.00.

When running the program some “dictionary not found” errors are displayed which don’t occure with the full software environment. But the output file “simDataFile.root” shows the same features.

By the way, the program also demonstrates the problem I mentioned in the earlier thread “Problems with copying a subset of a chain”. The result is that the variables in the tree “tree” in simDataFile.root are not filled correctly. For example, an attempt to draw “EventID” yields a segmentation violation.

Cheers, Alexander

[quote]I compiled the program with gcc4.1.1 (Fedora Core 6) and ROOT v5.10.00. [/quote]I do not have access to this combination so I need to rebuild … however I get:

<airdrie> gmake clean rm -rf bin <airdrie> gmake mkdir bin g++ -g -Wno-deprecated -DROOTSUPPORT -c -o bin/genDataSamples.o src/genDataSamples.cc -include extinc/I3.h -Iextinc `/scratch1/pcanal/root.gcc343/bin/root-config --cflags` In file included from <command line>:4: ./extinc/I3.h:40:29: boost/version.hpp: No such file or directory In file included from ./extinc/I3.h:44, from <command line>:4: extinc/boost/shared_ptr.hpp:20:65: boost/config.hpp: No such file or directory extinc/boost/shared_ptr.hpp:27:28: boost/assert.hpp: No such file or directory extinc/boost/shared_ptr.hpp:28:36: boost/checked_delete.hpp: No such file or directory extinc/boost/shared_ptr.hpp:29:37: boost/throw_exception.hpp: No such file or directory extinc/boost/shared_ptr.hpp:30:41: boost/detail/shared_count.hpp: No such file or directory extinc/boost/shared_ptr.hpp:31:39: boost/detail/workaround.hpp: No such file or directory In file included from ./extinc/I3.h:44,
Could you please upload a more complete version?

Thanks,
Philippe