Problem when using cygwin and root

Dear Rooters,

I’m a new user of root. The os I’m using is Windows 2000. I downloaded cygwin and root_4.00.06.win32gcca.tar and tried to compile the .cxx examples under test.

I added some lines in file d:\cygwin\home\Administrator.bash_profile

export ROOTSYS='d:\cygwin\home\Administrator\root4’
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib
export PATH=cygpath -u $ROOTSYS/bin:$PATH

Then click cygwin.bat to start cygwin. In root4/test, I tried this:
$make
Everything is ok, I got .exe files.
$./guitest.exe
It says: cannot run in batch mode

Another problem, when I run “root”, a popup message box says(in Chinese, I tried to translate it into English):
libX11.dll not found at D:\cygwin\home\Administrator\root\bin;.;C:\WINNT\system32;
C:\WINNT;D:\cygwin\home\Administrator\root4\bin;…(many paths)

Should I set some other enviroment variables or I did something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Hongyu Zhang
:cry:

[quote=“xiaoxiao_ihep”]I added some lines in file d:\cygwin\home\Administrator.bash_profile

export ROOTSYS='d:\cygwin\home\Administrator\root4’
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib
export PATH=cygpath -u $ROOTSYS/bin:$PATH[/quote]
Look at the win32gcc web site. You should set ROOTSYS=/home/Administrator/root4[quote=“xiaoxiao_ihep”]Then click cygwin.bat to start cygwin. In root4/test, I tried this:
$make
Everything is ok, I got .exe files.
$./guitest.exe
It says: cannot run in batch mode
[/quote]
You need to install the xorg X server. Start cygwin’s setup.exe, and install the packages for the binaries, libraries, fonts, /etc files etc. Then start X, e.g. by running startxwin.sh under your cygwin bash shell. Tell your executables what display to use: export DISPLAY=:0 Then start guitest.

[quote=“xiaoxiao_ihep”]Another problem, when I run “root”, a popup message box says(in Chinese, I tried to translate it into English):
libX11.dll not found at D:\cygwin\home\Administrator\root\bin;.;C:\WINNT\system32;
C:\WINNT;D:\cygwin\home\Administrator\root4\bin;…(many paths)
[/quote]See above; you need X11 installed.
Axel.