Problem using vector in Filter()

Hello, everyone!
I have a problem while using the Filter() function in rdataframe.
I want to use a vector in Filter() to compare. It can not work:

*** Break *** segmentation violation
===========================================================
There was a crash.
This is the entire stack trace of all threads:
===========================================================

But there is no problem without vector, such as Filter_hit().
I put Filter() in a separate user-defined function because I want to call this function multiple times later.
Here are the .cpp file and data file:
coincidence_2F_test.cpp (1.3 KB)
20221011_4_fixed.root (117.8 KB)

Thanks for your help.
Best,
Chenyao

ROOT Version: 6.24/02

Hi @CY_Han ,

thank you for the reproducer. In general in case of a segfault my recommendation would be to:

1. compile the program with debug symbols (either by adding the appropriate #include and a main function and compiling it as g++ -o program program.cpp $(root-config --libs --cflags) or by running it as root.exe program.cpp+g (note the .exe and the +g – this will also require adding some #includes)
  2. run the program under a debugger, which will tell you exactly what the state of the program was at the point of the crash, which usually shows what the problem is (e.g. gdb ./program or gdb --args root.exe -l -b -q program.cpp+g)

Here is a compilable version of your original macro:
coincidence_2F_test.cpp (1.4 KB)

Running it as gdb ./coincidence_2F_test.cpp I can reproduce the segfault (as you see from the message at the top of the following figure) and printing a couple of variable contents shows that the problem is that you are accessing the 6th element of a vector with size 0 (see the bottom of the figure):

I hope this helps!
Enrico

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions!@eguiraud
There is a problem with other parts of my code, which has nothing to do with rdataframe.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.