Problem installing Root on ubuntu 11.10

hi every body,
iam trying to install to root; ./configure went well but the command make gives the following error Making frm component... Creating executable ../../bin/frm_admin g++ -D_ALL_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -rdynamic -Wall -Wno-deprecated -D__linux__ -m32 -O2 ../../obj/XrdFrmConfig.o ../../obj/XrdFrmAdminMain.o ../../obj/XrdFrmAdmin.o ../../obj/XrdFrmAdminAudit.o ../../obj/XrdFrmAdminFiles.o ../../obj/XrdFrmAdminFind.o ../../obj/XrdFrmAdminQuery.o ../../obj/XrdFrmAdminUnlink.o ../../lib/libXrdOss.a -lnsl -lpthread -lrt -ldl -lc -L../../lib -lXrdFrm -lXrdNet -lXrdOuc -lXrdNetUtil -lXrdSys -o ../../bin/frm_admin ../../lib/libXrdSys.a(XrdSysPlugin.o): In function `XrdSysPlugin::~XrdSysPlugin()': XrdSysPlugin.cc:(.text+0x1e): undefined reference to `dlclose' ../../lib/libXrdSys.a(XrdSysPlugin.o): In function `XrdSysPlugin::getPlugin(char const*, int, bool)': XrdSysPlugin.cc:(.text+0x9f): undefined reference to `dlsym' XrdSysPlugin.cc:(.text+0x11e): undefined reference to `dlerror' XrdSysPlugin.cc:(.text+0x15b): undefined reference to `dlopen' XrdSysPlugin.cc:(.text+0x16b): undefined reference to `dlerror' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[5]: *** [../../bin/frm_admin] Error 1 make[4]: *** [Linuxall] Error 2 make[3]: *** [all] Error 2 make[2]: *** [XrdFrm] Error 2 make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/daroox/Desktop/root/net/xrootd/src/xrootd' *** Error condition reported by make (rc = 2): make: *** [net/xrootd/src/xrootd/LastBuild.d] Error 1
found something here https://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?81355, but that didnt solved the problem. Has anyone any idea,
thx in advance

has no one got a hint or clue?

Try to configure with --disable-xrootd, if you don’t need it.

Dario.

running make gives me then the following

g++ -m32 -O2  -o bin/pq2 proof/pq2/src/pq2actions.o proof/pq2/src/pq2main.o proof/pq2/src/pq2ping.o proof/pq2/src/pq2wrappers.o proof/pq2/src/redirguard.o  -Llib -lRIO -lNet -lHist -lTree -lMatrix -lProof -lThread -lCore -lCint -lMathCore  -lm -ldl  -pthread   -rdynamic
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::MakeSelector(char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::AddFriend(char const*, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::SetArchived(char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::LoadTreeFriend(long long, TTree*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::OptimizeBaskets(unsigned long long, float, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::GetPlayer()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::Merge(TCollection*, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetAutoFlush(long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::GetEntryNumberWithIndex(int, int) const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::ReadFile(char const*, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetAlias(char const*, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::GetEntryWithIndex(int, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::DropBaskets()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetFileNumber(int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::GetInputObject(char const*) const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetCacheEntryRange(long long, long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::GetLeaf(char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::CreateBasket(TBranch*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::SetBranchAddress(char const*, void*, TBranch**)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::CopyEntries(TTree*, long long, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for TChain'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetObject(char const*, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for TEntryList'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::FlushBaskets() const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::AddFileInfoList(TCollection*, long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::TChain()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::ShowMembers(TMemberInspector&)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::CopyAddresses(TTree*, bool)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::StopCacheLearningPhase()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::BranchImp(char const*, char const*, TClass*, void*, int, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::GetMinimum(char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::Print(char const*) const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::Merge(TFile*, int, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::UseCache(int, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::BranchImpRef(char const*, char const*, TClass*, void*, int, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::Print(char const*) const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetBasketSize(char const*, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TEventList::TEventList()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetMakeClass(int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::SetWeight(double, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::KeepCircular()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::BranchOld(char const*, char const*, void*, int, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::ResetBranchAddress(TBranch*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::Browse(TBrowser*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::AddFile(char const*, long long, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::CloneInfo()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::UnbinnedFit(char const*, char const*, char const*, char const*, long long, long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for TTree'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::CopyTree(char const*, char const*, long long, long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::GetFriend(char const*) const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetDebug(int, long long, long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::SetAutoDelete(bool)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::ls(char const*) const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Branch(char const*, char const*, void*, int, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetEstimate(long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::RemoveFriend(TTree*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for TEventList'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetTreeIndex(TVirtualIndex*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Branch(TList*, int, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetCacheLearnEntries(int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Notify()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::DirectoryAutoAdd(TDirectory*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::SetProof(bool, bool, bool)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::BranchImp(char const*, TClass*, void*, int, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::BranchRef()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::SetBranchStatus(char const*, bool, unsigned int*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetAutoSave(long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::LoadTree(long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetCircular(long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::SetBranchAddress(char const*, void*, TBranch**, TClass*, EDataType, bool)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::ChangeFile(TFile*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetName(char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Delete(char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetEntries(long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::GetEntryNumber(long long) const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::TChain(char const*, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::Merge(char const*, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::GetFriendAlias(TTree*) const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::PrintCacheStats(char const*) const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Refresh()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::AddBranchToCache(TBranch*, bool)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::BronchExec(char const*, char const*, void*, bool, int, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::~TQueryResult()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::~TChain()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::RecursiveRemove(TObject*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::SetPacketSize(int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Branch(TCollection*, int, int, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `vtable for TQueryResult'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::UseCurrentStyle()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::Add(TChain*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::ShowMembers(TMemberInspector&)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::TQueryResult(int, char const*, TList*, long long, long long, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::MakeProxy(char const*, char const*, char const*, char const*, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::GetChainEntryNumber(long long) const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TEntryList::TEntryList(char const*, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Bronch(char const*, char const*, void*, int, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Project(char const*, char const*, char const*, char const*, long long, long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Write(char const*, int, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::AutoSave(char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::AddInput(TObject*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::CloneTree(long long, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::SetEntryListFile(char const*, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::AddBranchToCache(char const*, bool)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::LoadBaskets(long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::AddFriend(char const*, TFile*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::Add(char const*, long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::AddLogLine(char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::SetProcessInfo(long long, float, long long, float, float)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetCacheSize(long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::CanDeleteRefs(bool)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::Class()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::GetMaximum(char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::ResetBranchAddresses()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::BuildIndex(char const*, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::GetEntriesFriend() const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Branch(char const*, void*, char const*, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::ReadStream(std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::RecordEnd(TQueryResult::EQueryStatus, TList*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::CreatePackets()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::GetUserInfo()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::MakeClass(char const*, char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::CheckBranchAddressType(TBranch*, TClass*, EDataType, bool)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::SetBranchAddress(char const*, void*, TClass*, EDataType, bool)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetDefaultEntryOffsetLen(int, bool)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::Loop(char const*, long long, long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::Reset(char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Fit(char const*, char const*, char const*, char const*, char const*, long long, long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::GetEntry(long long, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::DropBuffers(int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Write(char const*, int, int) const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::SetInputList(TList*, bool)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::GetEntryList()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::MakeCode(char const*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::StartViewer()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::GetWeight() const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::SetDirectory(TDirectory*)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::GetNbranches()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::AddFriend(TTree*, char const*, bool)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::SetParallelUnzip(bool, float)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Show(long long, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Query(char const*, char const*, char const*, long long, long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::GetAlias(char const*) const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for TFriendElement'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Class()'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::GetIteratorOnAllLeaves(bool)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for TQueryResult'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TChain::Scan(char const*, char const*, char const*, long long, long long)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::Branch(char const*, int, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::GetEntryNumberWithBestIndex(int, int) const'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TTree::BranchImpRef(char const*, TClass*, EDataType, void*, int, int)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TQueryResult::SetOutputList(TList*, bool)'
lib/libProof.so: undefined reference to `TSelector::GetSelector(char const*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/pq2] Error 1

Hi,

only ROOT v5-32-00 is fully supported on Ubuntu 11.10.

Cheers, Fons.

Mmm… I was not able to install 5.32 on Ubuntu 11.10 (nor 5.30, nor 5.28). A lot of errors about missing libraries and other complains… and make always terminated with errors.

I’m sorry I can’t provide you further details, it was a brand new PC and I simply switched back to Ubuntu 11.04. Now that I’m registered to the forum, with next machine I’ll try again 11.10 and let you know…

Hi,

make sure you install these prerequisite packages:

root.cern.ch/drupal/content/build-prerequisites

I’ve no problem whatsoever to install v5-32-00 on Ubuntu 11.10.

Cheers, Fons.

Thanks Fons,

yes, I’ve checked those packages, that’s the same package list I used later for installing 5.32 on 11.04.

If next week we’re going to install another machine, I’ll try to start with 11.10 and report you the error messages.

Here I am again,

new year, new department, and new machines to install. I tried to install 5.32 on Ubuntu 11.10 just to report errors here… so, the facts: libX11 figures as “installed” from Software Center, also libX11-dev; file /usr/include/X11/Xlib.h is present, file /usr/lib/libX11.so is not, and of course configure ends with

Checking for libX11 ... no configure: libX11 MUST be installed See http://root.cern.ch/drupal/content/build-prerequisites
Googling and reading quantumdiaries.org/2011/04/2 … nux-11-04/ I discovered that the problem is here:

# locate libX11.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so
but… that article speaks about 11.04, and I have no problems at all with 11.04 on 64-bit machines, only with 11.10. The same you say is installing perfectly!

With the symlinks, the configure script is running, but still missing libpng and libjpeg. I’m compiling now to see if this is a problem.

Ok, the compilation has crashed with A LOT of error lines… I report here only some of them:

(truncated by terminal buffer size) TQtWidget.cxx:(.text+0x134d): undefined reference to `QString::free(QString::Data*)' TQtWidget.cxx:(.text+0x1365): undefined reference to `QString::free(QString::Data*)' [...] graf2d/qt/src/G__GQt.o: In function `QMap<short, QColor*>::freeData(QMapData*)': G__GQt.cxx:(.text._ZN4QMapIsP6QColorE8freeDataEP8QMapData[QMap<short, QColor*>::freeData(QMapData*)]+0x21): undefined reference to `QMapData::continueFreeData(int)' graf2d/qt/src/G__GQt.o: In function `QVectorTypedData<QPoint>::free(QVectorTypedData<QPoint>*, int)': G__GQt.cxx:(.text._ZN16QVectorTypedDataI6QPointE4freeEPS1_i[QVectorTypedData<QPoint>::free(QVectorTypedData<QPoint>*, int)]+0x1c): undefined reference to `QVectorData::free(QVectorData*, int)' graf2d/qt/src/G__GQt.o: In function `QVectorTypedData<QCursor*>::free(QVectorTypedData<QCursor*>*, int)': G__GQt.cxx:(.text._ZN16QVectorTypedDataIP7QCursorE4freeEPS2_i[QVectorTypedData<QCursor*>::free(QVectorTypedData<QCursor*>*, int)]+0x1c): undefined reference to `QVectorData::free(QVectorData*, int)' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [lib/libGQt.so] Error 1 make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... ==> lib/libTMVA.so done
Maybe a problem with Qt library path, just like libx11?

EDIT: solved with

How do you run configure? I’ve no problems on 64 bit with 5.32. Mail me config.log.

Cheers, Fons.

./configure --enable-qt --with-qt-libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

pd.infn.it/~dcester/root/config.log

After doing all workarounds abovementioned, ROOT seems to run fine and my C++ program that include ROOT is compiling and runs.

UPDATE: I had the same problem this morning with Ubuntu 11.10 on a i386 machine, solved creating the symlinks from /usr/lib/i386-gnu-linux/ to /usr/lib like in the 64bit case.

Hi,

ok, it seems the executable dpkg-architecture is missing on your system, which is needed to get the multi arch string needed to append to the libs. Have a look in the configure script at line 1765. Please install dpkg-dev on your machines and the detection should work correctly. I’ll add a check for dpkg-architecture for Ubuntu systems.

Cheers, Fons.

You’re right, dpkg-dev was not installed by default. Thank you!

Could be install on ubuntu 11.10 with 32 bits, I got some problems installing root on ubuntu. The configure can’t success.

Could you help me explan the reason that the configuration failed. Thank you a lot.

Configuring for linux
Checking for GNU Make version >= 3.80 … ok
Checking for C compiler … gcc
Checking for C++ compiler … g++
Checking for linker (LD) … g++
Checking for F77 compiler … gfortran
Checking for libX11 … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking for X11/Xlib.h … /usr/include
Checking for X11/xpm.h … /usr/include
Checking for X11/Xft/Xft.h … /usr/include
Checking for X11/extensions/shape.h … /usr/include
Checking for libXpm … /usr/lib
Checking for libXft … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking for libXext … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking for freetype-config … /usr/bin/freetype-config
Checking for libfreetype version >= 9.3.0 … ok
Checking whether to build included libfreetype6 … no
Checking for pcre-config … /usr/bin/pcre-config
Checking for libpcre version >= 3.9 … ok
Checking whether to build included libpcre … no
Checking for zlib.h … /usr/include
Checking for libz … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking whether to build included zlib … no
Checking for lzma.h … no
Checking for liblzma … no
Checking whether to build included lzma … yes
Checking for GL/gl.h … /usr/include
Checking for libGL, or libMesaGL … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking for libGLU, or libMesaGLU … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking for GL/glew.h … /usr/include
Checking for libGLEW … /usr/lib
Checking whether to build included GLEW … no
Checking for pkg-config … /usr/bin/pkg-config
Checking for libftgl … ok
Checking for ftgl version > 2.1.2 … ok
Checking whether to build included libftgl … no
Checking for mysql_config … /usr/bin/mysql_config
Checking for libmysqlclient version >= 3.23.* … ok
Checking for mysql.h … /usr/include/mysql
Checking for occi.h … no
Checking for libclntsh, or oci … no
Checking for libocci, or oraocci10 … no
Checking for libpq-fe.h … no
Checking for libpq … no
Checking for sql.h … no
Checking for libsqlod … no
Checking for sqlext.h … no
Checking for libiodbc, libodbc, or odbc32 … no
Checking for rfio_api.h … no
Checking for librfio, libdpm, libcastorrfio, libshift, shiftmd, or shift … no
Checking for rfio_api.h … no
Checking for stager_api.h … no
Checking for libcastorrfio, libshift, shiftmd, or shift … no
Checking for gfal_api.h … no
Checking for libgfal … no
Checking for ApMon.h … no
Checking for libapmoncpp … no
Checking for fftw3.h … /usr/include
Checking for libfftw3, or libfftw3-3 … /usr/lib
Checking for fitsio.h … /usr/include
Checking for libcfitsio, or cfitsio … /usr/lib
Checking for gvc.h … /usr/include/graphviz
Checking for libgvc, or gvc … /usr/lib
Checking for libgraph, or graph … /usr/lib
Checking for libcdt, or cdt … /usr/lib
Checking for libpathplan, or pathplan … /usr/lib
Checking for libexpat, or expat … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking for libgvplugin_dot_layout, or gvplugin_dot_layout … /usr/lib/graphviz
Checking for libPythia6 … no
Checking for Pythia.h … no
Checking for libpythia8 … no
Checking for dcap.h … no
Checking for libdcap … no
Checking for chirp_reli.h … no
Checking for libchirp_client … no
Checking for hdfs.h … no
Checking for jni.h … no
Checking for libhdfs … no
Checking for libjvm … no
Checking for dns_sd.h … /usr/include
Checking for libdns_sd … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking for avahi-client/client.h … /usr/include
Checking for avahi-common/strlst.h … /usr/include
Checking for avahi-core/core.h … no
Checking for libavahi-client … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking for libavahi-common … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking for libavahi-core … no
Checking for libglite-api-wrapper … no
Checking for gapiUI.h … no
Checking for libgapiUI … no
Checking for jpeglib.h … no
Checking for png.h … no
Checking for tiffio.h … no
Checking for gif_lib.h … no
Checking for libjpeg … no
Checking for libtiff … no
Checking for libungif … no
Checking for libz … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking for libpng … no
Checking whether to build included libAfterImage … yes
Checking for ldap.h … /usr/include
Checking for libldap … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking for liblber … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking for Python.h … /usr/include/python2.7
Checking for python2.7, libpython2.7, libpython, python, or Python … /usr/lib
Checking for xml2-config … /usr/bin/xml2-config
Checking for libxml2 version >= 2.4.x … ok
Checking for XrdVersion.hh … no
Checking for libssl … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking for libcrypto … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking for openssl/bio.h … /usr/include
Checking for openssl/blowfish.h … /usr/include
Checking for openssl/err.h … /usr/include
Checking for openssl/pem.h … /usr/include
Checking for openssl/rand.h … /usr/include
Checking for openssl/rsa.h … /usr/include
Checking for t_server.h … no
Checking for libsrp … no
Checking for libgmp … no
Checking for libmisc … no
Checking for pwauth.h … no
Checking for krb5.h … /usr/include
Checking for krb5.h redirect … /usr/include/krb5/krb5.h
Checking for krb5_c_valid_cksumtype in krb5.h … yes
Checking for valid_cksumtype in krb5.h … no
Checking for libk5crypto … /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Checking whether we’re using MIT Kerberos … yes
Checking for krb5_c_valid_cksumtype in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libk5crypto.so … no
Checking for valid_cksumtype in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libk5crypto.so … no
Either ‘krb5_c_valid_cksumtype’ or ‘valid_cksumtype’ are available; disabling krb5
Checking for shadow passwords … yes
Checking for gsl/gsl_version.h … /usr/include
Checking for GSL version >= 1.8 … ok
Checking for libgsl, gslML, or gsl … /usr/lib
Checking for libgslcblas, gslcblasML, gslcblas, or cblas … /usr/lib
Checking whether /usr/lib/libgsl.a is compiled with -fPIC … yes
Checking whether /usr/lib/libgslcblas.a is compiled with -fPIC … yes
Checking whether to build libMathMore … yes
Checking whether to build libGenVector … yes
Checking whether to build libCintex … yes
Checking whether to build libReflex … yes
Checking whether to build libRooFit … no
Checking whether to build libMinuit2 … no
Checking whether to build libUnuran … no
Checking whether to build libGdml … no
Checking whether to build libTable … no
Checking whether to build libTMVA … yes
Checking whether to build libMemStat … yes
Checking for Clarens support … no
Checking for PEAC support … no
Checking whether to build afdsmgrd … no
Checking whether to integrate experimental cling … no
Checking what type of dictionaries to build … cint
Checking whether setresuid declared in /usr/include/unistd.h … yes
Creating include … done
Creating bin … done
Creating lib … done
Writing config/Makefile.config … done
Writing config/Makefile.comp … done
Writing include/RConfigure.h … done
Writing include/RConfigOptions.h … done
Writing bin/root-config … done
Writing etc/system.rootrc … done
Writing etc/system.rootauthrc … done
Writing etc/system.rootdaemonrc … done
Writing etc/root.mimes … done
Writing etc/daemons/rootd.rc.d … done
Writing etc/daemons/rootd.xinetd … done
Writing etc/daemons/proofd.rc.d … done
Writing etc/daemons/proofd.xinetd … done
Writing main/src/proofserv.sh … done
Writing main/src/roots.sh … done
Writing bin/memprobe … done
Writing build/misc/root-help.el … done
Writing macros/html.C … done
Writing bin/thisroot.sh … done
Writing bin/thisroot.csh … done
Writing bin/setxrd.sh … done
Writing bin/setxrd.csh … done
Writing bin/genreflex … done
Writing bin/genreflex-rootcint … done
Writing config.status … done

Enabled support for asimage, astiff, builtin_afterimage, builtin_lzma, cintex, exceptions, explicitlink, fftw3, fitsio, gviz, genvector, ldap, mathmore, memstat, mysql, opengl, python, reflex, shadowpw, shared, ssl, tmva, x11, xft, xml.

To build ROOT type:

make

Hi,

What do you mean by fail? It looks fine on the output you showed.

Philippe.