Problem in ROOT file after Geant4 simulation

Hi,

I am facing a problem in the ROOT file generated after a geant4 simulation. Even after changing the parameters in the geant4 code the ROOT file generated is of some earlier simulation with different parameters. I have run the simulation after cleaning everything yet it gives the same result. The simulated root file is not using the new parameters and whenever I am opening the simulated ROOT file I am getting these message:

root [1] Warning in TFile::Init: file SimulData_1.root probably not closed, trying to recover
Info in TFile::Recover: SimulData_1.root, recovered key TTree:eventTree at address 1279
Warning in TFile::Init: successfully recovered 1 keys
(TFile *) 0x317a950

However this file is not opened anywhere else. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

_ROOT Version: ROOT 6.14/04
_Platform: Ubuntu 16.04
Compiler: Not Provided

Hi,

it looks like the file has not been properly closed. This could be related to a hasty finalisation of the simulation application, but it’s very hard to tell. Perhaps this is a question for an appropriate G4 forum.

Cheers,
Danilo

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.