Problem in executing root_v6.30.06

Hello all,

I have downloaded the binary distribution of ROOT v6.30.06 for Ubuntu 22.04 and upon doing “source root/bin/thisroot.sh”, when I am tryin to run the ROOT, I am getting the following error,

/home/arun/Songshaptak/HEP_Packages/root/bin/root.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

How to resolve the issue?

I have the following files in /usr/lib64
libpcre2-16.so, libpcre2-32.so, libpcre2-8.so, libpcre2-posix.so,
libpcre2-16.so.0, libpcre2-32.so.0, libpcre2-8.so.0, libpcre2-posix.so.3,
libpcre2-16.so.0.11.0, libpcre2-32.so.0.11.0, libpcre2-8.so.0.11.0, libpcre2-posix.so.3.0.2

ROOT Version: 6.30.06
Platform: RHEL 9
Compiler: gcc version 11.4.1

Thanks in advance.

That’s not good. You need the ROOT version for your OS and distribution. I don’t know if the precompiled versions for Fedora (which are available on the downloads) work on RHEL; you probably have to compile ROOT from source.

When I am trying to install ROOT from the source, I am encountering the following error,

CMake Error at /home/arun/Songshaptak/HEP_Packages/root_build/builtins/xrootd/XROOTD-prefix/src/XROOTD-stamp/XROOTD-build-Release.cmake:49 (message):
Command failed: 2
'/usr/bin/gmake'
 See also
 /home/arun/Songshaptak/HEP_Packages/root_build/builtins/xrootd/XROOTD-prefix/src/XROOTD-stamp/XROOTD-build-*.log

In XROOTD-build-*.log, the following are written,

I] No git repository info found. Trying to interpret VERSION_INFO
[I] The XrdVersion.hh file already exists
/home/arun/Songshaptak/HEP_Packages/root_build/builtins/xrootd/XROOTD-prefix/src/XROOTD/src/XrdCl/XrdClFileStateHandler.cc:58:10: fatal error: uuid/uuid.h: No such file or directory
   58 | #include <uuid/uuid.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
gmake[5]: *** [src/XrdCl/CMakeFiles/XrdCl.dir/build.make:398: src/XrdCl/CMakeFiles/XrdCl.dir/XrdClFileStateHandler.cc.o] Error 1
gmake[4]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2070: src/XrdCl/CMakeFiles/XrdCl.dir/all] Error 2
gmake[3]: *** [Makefile:136: all] Error 2

How to resolve these issues ?

You have to install all the dependencies (appropriate to your system), see the page I linked.

Thanks! Matter has been resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.