Problem in building ROOT project in eclipse

I have a client server program where the server receives a root file path from the client and converts it into root file. I am using ellipse IDE for the project where I have included the root header files. My communication part is through. But when I am adding the header file for root and building it gives an error ‘ISO C++ forbids declaration of TList with no type.’ Similar errors for all such root headers added. How can I solve this? Can you suggest an IDE if I have to code in C++, use some root interfaces and also require GUI features…

Hi,

I would decouple the compilation error from the IDE choice being the latter more or less a matter of taste.
Can we help you compiling your code?

Cheers,
D

It would be of great help . The project is 3.7 MB. I am unable to upload it here. May I have your mail id.

Regards
Debangana

Hi,

if it’s 3.7MB perhaps it’s too much to handle… What is the actual problem? Can you reprododuce it and describe it?

D

It is giving error for all ROOT classes like ‘ISO C++ forbids declaration of TList with no type.’ etc etc…

I am sorry but this does not say anything about the possible cause. I think we need a minimal reproducer.

Are you sure that $(ROOTSYS)/include is in the include path of your IDE?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.