Problem deployment standalone application with Visual studio 22 on windows 10 (x64)

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a basic standalone .exe that uses C++ and ROOT libraries. This .exe is aimed to be executed in any windows (x64) computer that does not have ROOT installed on it.

For this, I was first developing a helloworld.exe in C++ only (i.e. No ROOT librairies) and compiling statically in Multithread mode ( -MT option) and the app was lauching well in another windows (x64) computer (that is containing no C++ libraries).

Well that’s was fine. Until I added some ROOT librairies in the .cpp. Compilation in Visual studio was fine, the program was running on my computer and the .exe was then exported in a new computer (no C++ librairies and no ROOT librairies), and an error message occured :

“LibCore.dll, LibGpaD.dll, LibHist.dll, LibRint.dll missing”

Of course I copied those libraries (.lib extension because the .dll don’t exist) in the same folder than the .exe but it does not solve the problem.

Any ideas to solve this issue ?

Thank you in advance,

ROOT Version: 6.26
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Compiler: Visual studio compiler (cl.exe)

The only solution is to install ROOT on the computers you want to use any ROOT based application. And you also need Visual Studio and Windows 10 SDK to be installed on those computers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.