Problem adding new branch to a tree

Hi Rooters
i have a problem I have a root file to which I am trying to add a branch . The new branch is a vector of vectors so while filling thins branch I fill another vector with the desired value and then ultimately fill use this vector to fill the vector of vectors branch. So when I am running it I am getting the following error . Please help me in this. I am attaching the code
Thanks

Anirvan
addvar.C (4 KB)

Sorry I forgot to attach the error:

Info in TUnixSystem::ACLiC: creating shared library /data0/asircar/Slims/NewSlims/test/./add_var_C.so
/data0/asircar/Slims/NewSlims/test/./add_var.C: In function ‘void add_var()’:
/data0/asircar/Slims/NewSlims/test/./add_var.C:97: error: no matching function for call to ‘std::vector<std::vector<float, std::allocator >, std::allocator<std::vector<float, std::allocator > > >::push_back(std::vector<float, std::allocator >*&)’
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.2/…/…/…/…/include/c++/4.1.2/bits/stl_vector.h:602: note: candidates are: void std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::push_back(const _Tp&) [with _Tp = std::vector<float, std::allocator >, _Alloc = std::allocator<std::vector<float, std::allocator > >]
g++: /data0/asircar/Slims/NewSlims/test/./add_var_C_ACLiC_dict.o: No such file or directory
Error in : Compilation failed!
Error: Function add_var() is not defined in current scope :0:
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

Looking at your code you have

and you did not initialize this vector in your code. It seems you meant to write “double dummy;”? That will probably solve one of your problems.

Cheers,