Plotting Charge on module from a single hit

Hello,

I am working on a project for the pixel detector of ATLAS. I am able to display the charge distribution on an individual module for all hits and tracks.

I have plotted “pixelIBLCharge” on “pixelIBLRow[i]:pixelIBLCol[i]”. This gives me all the charge deposited on module[I] from all hits and events.

But I want to be display only the charge distribution from a single hit. Would anyone know how to do that?

ROOT Version: Not Provided
Platform: Not Provided
Compiler: Not Provided

hi michael,

I think it depends on how the data is saved in yout ntuple, tgos is not really a root technical question… are the individual hits stored?

P

The individual hits and tracks are stored in my tuples yes. My end goal is to allow event viewer to let me click on a track, and be able to view the sensors/modules that track passed through, and be able to look at the charge distribution on each sensor from that specific track. But right now I can only display the entire charge distribution. Unsure how to isolate that posited by a single hit, even though I have the hit data stored. Associating these two pieces of information seems a mystery.

Hi Michael,
it sounds like this problem is strictly related to the way your datasets are created and the way you store the hit/track/charge distribution information. I’m not sure this is a ROOT question.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.