Plot time dependent quantities as a function of year, month, day and hour

Are there examples to plot time dependent quantities as a function of a given data: year-month-day-hour-minute?
Thanks,
Elemer

$ROOTSYS/tutorials/graphs/timeonaxis.C
Otto

Many thanks! Elemer

See also the timeonaxis*.C examples here.

These are nice examples indeed. Just one question: where can I find the meaning of all options in the graphics Draw method, e.g. in Draw(“ALP”) what do A, L, P mean? Of course, I can try out them one by one, and can observe the result, but I wonder if there is a documentation of all these options?
Elemer

here

Many thanks. I wonder, how can one find such information without the Forum.
Elemer

The ROOT reference guide contains a lot of information. I agree it is sometimes difficult to navigate in it.
That’s why we create a new Manual entry in the new ROOT web site. It is surely not yet perfect but it helps.

But … in your particular case, that was not to difficult too find as the TGraph documentation (which is the obvious entry for your problem) explicitly points to the TGraphPainter page.

Thanks, I see. The Manual is indeed very informative. I’ll read it first for my next problems.
Elemer

4 posts were split to a new topic: TDatime inverse conversion

see TDatime inverse conversion

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.