Opening root files over network using TBrowser using root 6.22

Hi all,
All the features work except reading root files over network . I made sure I installed xrootd package also. Opening the root files on the disk works fine, the problem is only opening the ones over network. Could someone help me?
thanks,
Abraham
Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

ROOT Version: root 6.22 built using source file
Platform: ubuntu 20.04 as a virtual system on windows 10 using the app from microsoft store
Compiler: Not Provided

Hi
can you post the exact command/line of code and the corresponding error message you get?

Also, does root-config --features list xrootd among the features available?

Cheers,
Enrico

Hi @eguiraud,
This is what I see when I type “root -l” and “new TBrowser()”

Yes, root-config --features lists xrootd among the features available. This is the output

Hi,
I’m confused, is the problem that TBrowser doesn’t show up (which would be a consequence of that DISPLAY not set, possibly fixed by connecting with ssh -XY to the node you are running the command on) or that files cannot be read over the network? If it’s the latter, can you copy-paste the commands you use to read files with xrootd and the error message you get?

Cheers,
Enrico

Hi @eguiraud,

I didnt understand enough to answer your question. But this is what I see even after I use ssh -XY.
thanks,
Abraham

Hi Abraham,
I don’t see a problem with reading remote data, but with using graphics while connected to a remote server with ssh.

Note that this is not an issue with ROOT per se: you can try starting any graphical application on that server, e.g. a browser, xclock or similar.

About the error you are encountering, this stackoverflow thread might help.

Cheers,
Enrico

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.