Open *.root files by dble click with Fedora

Hello,

I am using Fedora Core 6, I would like to have the possibility to open my root files *.root with root by just clicking on them, is there a way to do it ? For example in a root file containing histos to double click and then that a TBrowser opens up with the file content.

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Hi,

Here is the way I do it:
I use the small code in attachment, create rbrowser application, and then associate .root files with rbrowser as any other association on Linux (i.e. : “export ROOTSYS=/your_root_path; export PATH=$PATH:$ROOTSYS/bin;
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ROOTSYS/lib; /path_to_rbrowser/rbrowser %f”

Then, double-clicking on a .root file will launch a stand-alone ROOT browser.

Cheers,
Bertrand.
rbrowser.cxx (663 Bytes)

Hello,

Sorry for my late answer I was busy these last days, Itried to create the executable rbrowser.cxx but I failed. I attached the Makefile I used, the error seems to come from libTreeViewer, first because I didn’t included it in the Makefile then after I got these error message :

g++ -o rbrowser.exe rbrowser.o -L/lib -lCore -lCint -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lTree -lTreeViewer -lRint -lPostscript -lMatrix -lPhysics -lm -ldl -lpthread -rdynamic
/lib/libTreeViewer.so: undefined reference to TGHorizontal3DLine::TGHorizontal3DLine(TGWindow const*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned long)' /lib/libTreeViewer.so: undefined reference toTGContainer::Clicked(TGFrame*, int, int, int)’
/lib/libTreeViewer.so: undefined reference to `TGContainer::DoubleClicked(TGFrame*, int, int, int)’

And a lot more of these kind of errors.

What s wrong with my Makefile ? Thanks in advance for your help.
Makefile.txt (2.39 KB)

Hello,

Try to add -lGui :wink:

Cheers,
Bertrand.

Thanks for your quick feedback now it’s gonna save me some time.

Thanks ! :smiley: