Number of segments of the TGeoTube

Hellow,

The TGeoTube number of segments semms to be 60, by default.
How can I increase the number of segments when building a TGeoTube object?

thanks,
Luciano

gGeoManager->SetNsegments(100)

Jan

The number of segments is 20 by default and this is used only for rendering.

The command

gGeoManager->SetNsegments(100)

works in the default canvas, but doe not work using opengl

In OpenGL tubes are rendered based on GL tube objects, ignoring the mesh provided by TGeo

Ok,

But, Do you know if there is any way to change this?

[quote]Ok,

But, Do you know if there is any way to change this?[/quote]

Why do you need to change number of segments? Richard Maunder’s OpenGL code can change this number during different operations for optimisation purposes.

I need to use 64 segments to look like the ATLAS hadron calorimeter segmentation.

Could you post a geom.root file with your geometry such that we understand why you need this?

Rene

I am working on the commissioning of the ATLAS hadronic calorimeter using cosmic rays.

I am using the geometry package to see the calorimeter cells excited and the track generated by the cosmic muon (see picture).

I am using a geotube object to represent the hadron calorimeter.
I put transparency = 80 in order to see the cells inside.

The segmentation of the hadron calorimeter, in the phi angle, is 64.
Would be nice if the segmentation of the geotube match with the calorimeter segmentation.

[quote]I am working on the commissioning of the ATLAS hadronic calorimeter using cosmic rays.

I am using the geometry package to see the calorimeter cells excited and the track generated by the cosmic muon (see picture).

I am using a geotube object to represent the hadron calorimeter.
I put transparency = 80 in order to see the cells inside.

The segmentation of the hadron calorimeter, in the phi angle, is 64.
Would be nice if the segmentation of the geotube match with the calorimeter segmentation.[/quote]

May be, I’m wrong, but you’d better use specific tube segment classes, in this case you’ll be independent of gl-viewer’s optimisation. AFAIK in ATLAS, modelled by ROOT’s geometry I’ve seen, segments are used

What is exactly the shape of this calorimeter: tube or polygon with 64 edges? If it is the later, I strongly suggest you use TGeoPgon shape for its description. Rendering a tube (or tube segment) is just an approximation of the real object.

Hello I think if you do

[ul] 1. “Sector_x” object - invisible,
2. “Drawer_x” object - visible
3. “Cell_x” object - invisible
4. “PMT_x” - visible if there is hit[/ul]
you will get what you want.
I am wondering if your problem comes from the “internal walls” of your “Drawer_x”