No streamerInfo found in root file

Good day,

Could some please explain to me why am getting the below warning:

Attaching file RandPosition_1_intense.root as _file0…
Info in TFile::Recover: RandPosition_1_intense.root, recovered key TDirectoryFile:RandPosition_1_intense at address 196
Warning in TFile::Init: no StreamerInfo found in RandPosition_1_intense.root therefore preventing schema evolution when reading this file. The file was produced with version 4.00/00 of ROOT.

ROOT Version: 6.28/04
Platform: Ubuntu 22.04
Compiler: c++ 11.3.0

The I/O library somehow thinks this file is ancient. v4.00/00 is a 20 years old version of ROOT.

If the file was produced more recently then the file was somehow corrupted and is unlikely to be recoverable.

Dear @pcanal, thank you for your reply. The file was created today with version 6.28/04.

I am creating the files from a macro using /analysis/setFileName. Could this be the reason why the file get corrupted?

from a macro using /analysis/setFileName.

I do not know anything about this macro but indeed something went wrong during its execution. First check the log/print-out when it is/was running. Second re-run it to see if it fails a second time. Thrid run with valgrind --suppressions=$ROOTSYS/etc/valgrind-root.supp to get more information about the kind of failure.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.