No MAKEINFO in 5.13/06

Dear experts,

in Root 4 I used to edit MAKEINFO to change the CPP for our SunOS58 installation from
the native preprocessor to gcc. But in Root 5.13-06 there’s no MAKEINFO. Where can I
set the precessor for cint now?

Thanks,
Matthias

Hi,

you can edit include/configcint.h, or directly cint/configcint.mk.

Cheers, Axel.

Hi Axel,

in both cases I have to rebuild cint to make it use the other preprocessor?

Thanks,
Matthias

[quote=“Axel”]Hi,

you can edit include/configcint.h, or directly cint/configcint.mk.

Cheers, Axel.[/quote]

Hi Matthias,

that’s correct.

Cheers, Axel.

Hi Axel,

setting the preprocessor to gcc, building cint , and using it to compile the BaBar software
on SunSO58 does not work. In the old days I’ve build cint using the native preprocessor
and the native compiler, and then I modified MAKEINFO to let cint use gcc as preprocessor.
That worked. Now I get

Creating ROOT IO source. [rootcint-1]
dlopen error: ld.so.1: rootcint: fatal: relocation error: file /afs/slac.stanford.edu/g/babar/package/root/5.13-06/SunOS58_sparc_WS6U1/cint/stl/vector.dll: symbol _1cH__rwstdPrwse_OutOfRange: referenced symbol not found
Limitation: Reference member not accessible from the interpreter /afs/slac.stanford.edu/g/babar/dist/releases/nightly-20061206/CdbBase/CdbStatus.hh:29:

Looks like a conflict between the different STL implementations.
Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Matthias

[quote=“Axel”]Hi Matthias,

that’s correct.

Cheers, Axel.[/quote]

Hi,

I don’t really understand how you could end up with that. Did you build rootcint with one compiler, and then built the dlls with another one? That won’t work. You might want to run “make distclean-cint”, edit configcint.h (or configcint.mk), and rebuild. You should only change the setting G__CFG_CPP in configcint.h.
Cheers, Axel.

Hi Axel,

I always the same compiler, and changed just the preprocessor.

Meanwhile I managed to make things work (at least compile and link) on SunSO58, though I don’t really know which change made the job. But I have to redo the exercise on SunOS59 now, and hopefully I’ll understand afterwards.

Thanks for your hints (so far),
Matthias

[quote=“Axel”]Hi,

I don’t really understand how you could end up with that. Did you build rootcint with one compiler, and then built the dlls with another one? That won’t work. You might want to run “make distclean-cint”, edit configcint.h (or configcint.mk), and rebuild. You should only change the setting G__CFG_CPP in configcint.h.
Cheers, Axel.[/quote]