No links to ROOT classes in THtml-generated doc

Hi,

For some time now (since 5.22/00 ?) I have noticed that when I generate
HTML documentation for my classes, THtml no longer automatically generates links to the on-line documentation for ROOT classes:
either the class names appear as plain text, or as hyperlinks which are wrong (i.e. link for TObject is ~/htmldoc/TObject.html, instead of root.cern.ch/…etc.)

How can I turn on the links to the ROOT doc ?

Cheers
John

PS. I don’t want to generate the doc for the ROOT classes, just have the correct links to the existing doc on the website

Hi,

thanks for your report - I can reproduce the issue. I won’t manage to fix it for the release anymore; I will let you know when it’s done!

Cheers, Axel.

poke - any update on this?

Hi,

yikes, a year later and no fix yet?! Apologies :frowning: I will be gone next week but I will fix it the week after.

Cheers, Axel.

Hey! No Apologies. :slight_smile: After all, its just documentation :wink:

But, thanks. Have a nice week off.

Hi Axel
Did you ever fix this issue ?
Cheers
John

Hello Axel,
I’m back again - did you ever get this fixed?
I have tried adding $ROOTSYS/include in THtml::SetInputDir,
but that just causes doc for all ROOT classes to be generated (not what I want).
I have tried THtml::SetLibURL(“Core”, “http://root.cern.ch/root/html”) in order to
get links to all classes in libCore.so - this has no effect.
Is there a way to get the links to ROOT class documentation
back online?
Thankyou

Hi,

Olivier is currently investigating doxygen as an alternative for ROOT documentation. If we go there we will provide a tool to transition from THtml to doxygen, something that changes the comments, supports BEGIN/END_MACRO etc. I know that with doxygen you can simply link in our documentation into yours, so this issue would be resolved.

Until then I will not be able to invest time in THtml - mainly due to ROOT 6… Sorry.

Cheers, Axel.