New install ubuntu13.04 Error in <TUnixSystem::DynamicPath

Hello,

I just installed root 5.34/00 on my Ubuntu 13.04, using the Ubuntu Software Center. I thought everything was going painlessly until I tried to save a histogram:

Error in TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName: Postscript[.so | .dll | .dylib | .sl | .dl | .a] does not exist in /lib::.::/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34/cint/stl

What can I do to rectify this?

Some information that might help:
~> echo $ROOTSYS; echo $PATH; echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
#Nothing
/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games
/lib:

Thanks!

Hi,
I’m not sure how it’s looks in ubuntu repository but in debian repo there are many option of installation external packages for root e.g. there is libroot-graf2d-postscript5.32.
So I suppose that ubu repo center don’t install ROOT with all feautures, and you should try to install this package speratelly by synaptic or aptitude.

Thank you, it solved my problem with the same distribution!

This did not work for me when I tried to write my plot to a .gif file.

Is there something else I have to install?

Try apt-get install root-system. That will install ROOT with all components. However, I really recommend that you move to ROOT 6 instead, since it has much better support for C++.