New install of root 6.08.06 on mac osx 10.12.5, updated XCode 8.3.2

Dear experts,

Im trying to setup the install of the latest root version on my macbook air with 10.12.5. I updated the XCode to 8.3.2 and corresponding command line tools and tried to build root from the source with cmake and it failed during the g2root part

Scanning dependencies of target g2root
[ 97%] Building Fortran object main/CMakeFiles/g2root.dir/src/g2root.f.o
/Users/raghav/root-6.08.06/main/src/g2root.f:412:30:

call toreals(3,pmixt,creals,ncr)

Warning: Actual argument contains too few elements for dummy argument ‘r’ (3/200) at (1)
/Users/raghav/root-6.08.06/main/src/g2root.f:728:29:

call toreals(-npar0,dummypars(1),creals,ncr)

Warning: Actual argument contains too few elements for dummy argument ‘r’ (100/200) at (1)
/Users/raghav/root-6.08.06/main/src/g2root.f:730:28:

call toreals(npar0,qjv(7),creals,ncr)

Warning: Actual argument contains too few elements for dummy argument ‘r’ (94/200) at (1)
make[2]: *** No rule to make target /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/clang/7.3.0/lib/darwin/libclang_rt.osx.a', needed bybin/g2root’. Stop.
make[1]: *** [main/CMakeFiles/g2root.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Raghavs-MacBook-Air:rootBuild raghav$

Any idea on how to fix this? Any help will be much obliged since we are trying to set up a tutorial for incoming summer REU students in a couple of weeks time.

Cheers
Raghav

Ahh i realize that i updated my xcode in the middle of the install so that might be the issue as to why its looking in the wrong Xcode version. I started a fresh install and its ongoing… will close the thread if it finishes without any issues.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.