New error on build

so I’m running an automated root build ( clones latest master )

and I’m getting this error on build this last time I tested it :

CMake Error at XROOTD-stamp/download-XROOTD.cmake:170 (message):
  Each download failed!

CMake Error at XROOTD-stamp/XROOTD-download-Release-impl.cmake:9 (message):
  Command failed (1):

'/usr/local/bin/cmake' '-P' external_builds/root/rootbuild/builtins/xrootd/XROOTD-prefix/src/XROOTD-stamp/download-XROOTD.cmake'

at the logs:

-- verifying file...
       file='external_builds/root/rootbuild/builtins/xrootd/XROOTD-prefix/src/xrootd-5.4.3.tar.gz'
-- SHA256 hash of
   external_builds/root/rootbuild/builtins/xrootd/XROOTD-prefix/src/xrootd-5.4.3.tar.gz
  does not match expected value
    expected: '56a29c88232f2f384e151b148fcaaa8d8db5c5fdc4615193978c8f4f3a99663c'
      actual: '2d58210161ef61fabad7c86a038f2ef71c2ba1a0e782fcb6b8c92a1ba5f2a2b3'
-- Hash mismatch, removing...

Hi @chromafunk ,

this was fixed by a recent commit, can you try again with latest master?

Cheers,
Enrico

Hi Enrico, the automated install does this : git clone --branch latest-stable --depth=1 https://github.com/root-project/root.git

and I just tested it right now but still happens … was this fixed on this branch ?

sorry did not read correctly, I’m testing with latest master now, will let you know

seems to be building now, thanks

is it safe to switch it to latest master instead of latest-stable ?

Hi @chromafunk ,

latest-stable points to the latest released version (6.26.06 at the time of writing). Normally it’s a safe bet (hence the name), but unfortunately when something like this happens (the hash of the xrootd package changed) it breaks builds that use built-in xrootd and expect the old hash.

master points to the tip of the development branch – it usually compiles and works fine (all ROOT devs based their dev work on master) it’s definitely less stable than latest-stable.

I just realized that the best of both worlds is probably using the v6-26-00-patches branch, which is where latest-stable will point to as soon as we have the next patch release.

Sorry for the trouble!
Enrico

understood, no problem and thank you Enrico

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.