Hi experts,
I opened cern root and try to include RooFit, using
" using namespace RooFit;"
But it fails and reponse an error:
Error: namespace RooFit is not defined (tmpfile):1:
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

Hi @renqipan ,
this is what I get with ROOT installed via conda:

~ root -l                                                                                                                                                                           (cern-root)
root [0] using namespace RooFit;
root [1] .q
~ root-config --features                                                                                                                                                            (cern-root)
cxx17 asimage clad dataframe davix exceptions fftw3 fitsio gdml gviz http imt mathmore mlp minuit2 opengl pyroot pythia8 roofit webgui root7 rpath runtime_cxxmodules shared soversion sqlite ssl tmva tmva-cpu tmva-pymva spectrum vdt x11 xml xrootd

i.e. it should work.

How did you install ROOT? What ROOT version are you on? Does root-config --features contain roofit?

Cheers,
Enrico

thanks for your time. I tried “root-config --features”, it indicates it contains roofit, while “using namespace RooFit” can’t include the RooFit.

What ROOT version is this with and how did you install ROOT?

I can run the following command correctly with ROOT version 6.22/08 but not with the current master branch and also with current master branch:

$ root -l -b -q -e 'using namespace RooFit;'

Cheers,
Enrico

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.