Multiple .Vary() calls for the same variation name (same systematic)

ROOT Version: 6.26/11
Platform: Linux
Compiler: g++

Hello RDataFrame experts, I had a question about the expected behaviour when .Vary() is called >= 1 times for different variables, while declaring the same variation name (same systematic). E.g. I have a systematic that shifts two different variables; can I break up the call to .Vary()?

auto df2 = df.Vary("variable1", "ROOT::RVecF{variable1_up, variable1_down}", {"up", "down"}, "systematicName")
                  .Vary("variable2", "ROOT::RVecI{variable2_up, variable2_down}", {"up", "down"}, "systematicName");

i.e. In the end when I make variations of systematicName, will it vary variable1 and variable2 simultaneously?

Thank you!

Hello @skkwan, welcome to the ROOT forum!

Maybe @mczurylo can help here?

Hi @skkwan,

you have the two examples of what can be done here: ROOT: ROOT::RDataFrame Class Reference depending on what you want to achieve at the end - either “ptandeta” variation together (Varying multiple columns in lockstep) or the two separate “pt” and “eta” variations (Combining multiple variations).

Cheers,
Marta

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.